Falling object generator

Comments

• ZACKandZOEYZACKandZOEY Cave Creek, AZMember Posts: 12,043 ✭✭
    edited 5 January, 2007
    Oops link was removed when I edited: *FALLING HEARTS*
  • AshPoGusAshPoGus AlbuquerqueMember Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭
    edited 5 January, 2007
    Check out my hearts! I wanted them only on my main picture, but they're falling a little beyond that right now. I'll fix it later. I'm using html, though, and this is NOT the way to get falling objects on Catster! I was just experimenting. It took me more than 3 hours, and I'm using 4 bio fields, to get a total of 8 different falling hearts (various colors, various speeds and placements). I can only fit the html code for 2 hearts into one bio field. I could put the hearts all over the page and make them fall further, but it takes a LOT of dinking. Rocky Ann, those are great hearts you found. I used the html code (& hearts;) to make mine, then chose a color for each one. I'll try it later with one of your hearts. There's nothing to be learned here (from my post), except to continue to be nice to Neferkitty and Arthur. ;-)
    edited 5 January, 2007
    Scooter, your picture looks so sweet with the little hearts coming down on you. Really pretty. And in so many colors. Nice job!!! But so many biofields. Doesn't time fly when you are tinkering with these things?! You mean those absolute brilliant cats Neferkitty and Arthur!!
  • Eva viezelEva viezel MontrealMember Posts: 3,008
    edited 5 January, 2007
    OMC! Rocky Ann those pink hearts are pawsome! I am a confident male in touch with my feminine side..Now I want that too!! MOL Not to mention my sisters would love it. -sigh-
    edited 5 January, 2007
    It would be cool, we could all be connected by our falling hearts!!! If, only we knew how to get a shorter code ;o Has anyone seen a page with falling hearts? I know I've seen backgrounds with them but I thought I saw someone with them over their page too but now I cannot remember. My memory fails me.
    edited 5 January, 2007
    RockyAnn Arthur said earlier that he would be able to help us..Haven\'t seen him about today...Cross your paws. Hugs Wally
    edited 5 January, 2007
    Hey Rocky Ann, I just notice we have the same forum motto..\"Peace and Love\"! Your mom is an ex hippy by any chance? MOL
    edited 5 January, 2007
    Wally that is so groovy!! My mom isn't an ex hippy but would be one today (but no drugs) ! No hurry on the code help. We can just check back here . Let me know if you hear anything and I'll do the same! *gives Wally the peace sign*
    edited 5 January, 2007
    Wally I was just looking at your pictures. We looked so much alike when we were babies. And your birthday is 6 days before mine (years are quite far apart though) ! I like the picture with Alfie and your Grandpaw too :) All of the pictures are cute. I never knew there were so many kitties that looked like me until I joined Catster!!
  • CalvinCalvin ScottsdaleMember Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭
    edited 5 January, 2007
    Rocky Ann and Wally - Check out Scooter\'s page - you\'ll love the falling hearts! Scooter\'s hearts fall just over her picture - isn\'t that beautiful?

The Cats in the Clover
    Samoa, Calvin, Violet, Gleek, Spunky, Sugar, Vivien, Newman, & Inky

• CalvinCalvin ScottsdaleMember Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭
    edited 5 January, 2007
    Ooops - I should have read page 3 first - I see where Scooter has already talked about her beautiful hearts!

The Cats in the Clover
    Samoa, Calvin, Violet, Gleek, Spunky, Sugar, Vivien, Newman, & Inky

edited 6 January, 2007
    That's ok Samoa, I wanted to take another look at them anyways! Beauuuuutiful ! We just need more biofields!! I really don't want to give up all the rest of my decorations. sigh....
  • Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 January, 2007
    Rocky Ann and Wally...you have pawmail! :-) You're right, Samoa! Scooter's hearts are awesome, just like she is! :-D
    edited 6 January, 2007
    Thanks to Arthur, I have PINK hearts !!! *hugs Arthur* You are the greatest!! xo RA xo
  • Lindsay RoweLindsay Rowe ArcticMember Posts: 1,776
    edited 6 January, 2007
    We got falling hearts figured out, anyone know where to get a short code for falling balloons?
    edited 6 January, 2007
    You could use the same one that Arthur just made for Wally.
    edited 6 January, 2007
    Oops! The code Wally has on his page has one little error in it -- it made several things on his page disappear. At the end of the code, he has /script> but it should be </script> I'll let Wally know. If you copy his code, you'll need to make that correction. EDIT: Wally has his code corrected now, so the rest of his page came back.
  • shannon szuszalskishannon szuszalski ABQMember Posts: 1,542
    edited 6 January, 2007
    Hey, everykitty, lets all put our paws together for Arthur for his help with falling hearts and balloons!!!! Thanks, Arthur!
    edited 6 January, 2007
    Absolutely! The hearts and the balloons are so cute, and so simple when someone else does all the work. :) Thanks, Arthur. It\'s great to see some Men in Pink with pink falling hearts on their pages, too.
    edited 6 January, 2007
    A special thanks to Arthur and Scooter and Rocky Ann! Thank you guys and girl for your work, your caring and sharing. You are a pawsome bunch. I love your all. Group Hug!Group Hug! Wally
    edited 6 January, 2007
    *runs over for a group hug * Thanks everykitty who was a part of this thread and made it so fun and interesting. Thanks Wally who asked the first question. A round of apaws to Arthur for coming thru for all of us. *clap clap clap *
  • shannon szuszalskishannon szuszalski ABQMember Posts: 1,542
    edited 6 January, 2007
    Scooter.....thanks to you for your help too!! You and Arthur and Rocky Ann and Neferkitty...great bunch of felines!!! Glad you approve of the falling hearts on our Men in Pink pages. We men have hearts too....MOL!
  • Chris XChris X BeverlyMember Posts: 3,221
    edited 7 January, 2007
    K', I tried shortening your code, Rocky Ann, and it worked- kind of. I only pasted this much- < marquee behavior="scroll" direction="down" scrollamount="2" style="position:absolute; left:780px; top:180px; width:16px; height:437px; z-index:1;" >< span class="falling2" >< img src="http://myspacescripts.com/hearts/fallinghearts.gif" >< /span >< /marquee > I now have the grand total of 1 heart falling on my page. MOL!
  • Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 January, 2007
    *joins in the group hug* :-D
  • Lindsay RoweLindsay Rowe ArcticMember Posts: 1,776
    edited 8 January, 2007
    Thanks so much to all of you that helped. So accurate an so fast! The balloons look great.
  • Catriona GarzaCatriona Garza Member Posts: 252
    edited 10 January, 2007
    Oh dear! I totally slept through this conversation! I feel so bad about not being on Catster much lately, but I'm making up for it: I'm making a little website called -- link removed -- . I've been collecting the codes I use (so I don't forget them - I change my page a lot!). Now I've put them into a website so we can share. Excellent work Arthur!!! You explained everything perfectly and did a terrific job with the falling hearts & balloons!
  • Deb O'NeillDeb O'Neill PerkasieMember Posts: 8,659
    edited 8 January, 2007
    Thank you, Nefer!! I have a question. You said the snowflake code could go at the end of one of the bio fields. How do you separate the two codes?
    edited 8 January, 2007
    Ok, I'm editing this post because I like my next answer better. You don't have to put anything between the codes, but if you would like to, then read the next post.
    edited 8 January, 2007
    I guess you could put an html comment that you will only see in the bio field and not on your page. I don't use anything because I want to save as much space as possible, but if you wanted something to help you keep the codes easier to tell apart, you could use somthing like this: <!--COMMENT-->
  • Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    edited 8 January, 2007
    Neferkitty, Great idea starting your own website with all this important info. I know where to go if I have any other questions about my page. Thanks!