Am I a Burmese?

edited July 2013 in Burmese
HI guys! My parents aren't sure if I am a Russian Blue or a Burmese or maybe mixed of one or the other. Can you help them? I am VERY vocal. very loud. I think they said that's one of the traits of the breeds....

Comments

• Cherylle KearneyCherylle Kearney Canberra
    edited May 2007
    I think you are a Blue Burmese. Russian Blues have different coloured eyes, more green. You are beautiful!
  • edited July 2007
    Oh, yes. You're definitely Burmese! You look like my feline birth-mummy would've looked.
  • edited November 2008
    I have had many burmese cats both male and female. They tend to have green to yellow eyes and the male have full faces and the females slinder faces. I feel that they are the most loving of the the breeds that I have had. My Bug is burmese. She isn't vocal but very active. They tend to suckle on the human that they claim. They are also very loyal to that human. I am surly her pet.
  • edited July 2013
    Not Burmese. Burmese cats have darker hair around the ears, eyes and nose that make them look like they are wearing a bandits mask, kind of like Zorro. They also have dark fur on their feet but the fur is never a different color family. If the cat is chocolate the dark spots will be deep brown, if the cat is Champaign the dark spots will be dark beige or medium brown. I have a blue and her dark spots are gray blue like steel wool pads. Your cat is most likely a Blue Russian.