Haiku for Cats and Dogs

Words have meaning. They can evoke the whole spectrum of emotions in those who read, or hear them. They can inspire a Cat, or Dog to great deeds, and to terrible ones as well. And that's just the effect of too much Catnip, or , um, what IS the equivalent for Dogs anyway? Seriously, all manner of literature exists that this applies to. One genre is that of Poetry. From the simple, and short, to the long, and involved, the various forms of the Poetic Tradition have had a hold on the imaginations of feline, Canine, and human for thousands of years. Consider the HAIKU: 3 Lines: 5 syllables. 7 syllables. 5 syllables. A friend passed these, anonymous, Cat Haiku poems, along to Daddy a while back. Enjoy, use them as inspiration, and share with us your own. The food in my bowl Is old, and, more to the point, Contains no tuna. So you want to play. Will I claw at dancing string? Your ankle's closer. There's no dignity In being sick, which is why I don't tell you where. Tiny can, dumped in Plastic bowl. Presentation, One star; service: none. Most problems can be Ignored. The more difficult Ones can be slept through. Cats can't steal the breath Of children. But if my tail's Pulled again, I'll learn. So you call this thing Your "cat carrier." I call These my "blades of death." ***Here's my 1st contribution*** Nikita is Nine He thinks that really is fine So does his Daddy Let this forum be a place to try your own hand at this poetic form. I originally posted this elsewhere, but upon discovering this forum realized that it and some follow-ups I have in mind would be appropriate here.

Comments