TX Cats Need Home - One Special Needs - Pass the Word!

Jody TalleyJody Talley North CarolinaMember Posts: 263
edited 16 September, 2009 in Adoption & Happy Endings
This was sent to me on Facebook. If you can help spread the word, please do. These babies need a safe furever home that can provide special care to the injured kitty. The photos can be viewed at: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album.php?aid=150761&id=725299988&ref=nf Warning: One photo is rather graphic due to injuries the tortie received... Ruby & Valentino, 2 sibling kittens who need a home: If you can help one or both, please contact: Diana Hensley Founder and President The O\'Malley Alley Cat Organization P. O. Box 633452 Nacogdoches, TX 75963-3452 (936) 556-2754 feralaristocat@yahoo.com www.omalleyalleycat.com Warning: Ruby has ...a head injury from a fan blade and is under vet care. Pictures may be a bit graphic for some. Msg. from Diana: Ruby and Valentino were trying to survive in a flower bed at a Comfort Suite Inn located right off of a very busy highway in Nacogdoches. They were so hungry that it only took 2 minutes to trap the 12 week old kittens. Valentino, the black and white tuxedo is a doll and I was able to pet him with no problem. In fact, he solicited the petting and talked but as is expected, he is scared. The little Tortie was extremely scared. Dr. Garner opted to net her and all of her dead skin came off during that adventure exposing a very nasty fan blade injury. He was not able to stitch it up as there isn\'t any lose skin in that area so she will have to be treated with Granulex (a spray on medicine used on burn victims) for a few weeks. Yes, finally, I\'m getting to the real reason I\'m writing you -- the tortie is not going to be pretty and as you know, tortie\'s are hard to place anyway! More than likely her hair will never grow back on her head and right eye will be bug eyed. Ruby really has improved greatly and I can spray the granulex on her head with very little effort. Although she acts scared, she does not try to bite or scratch and does enjoy being petted and of course, her snackies. She adores her brother, whom I have named Valentino because he is so precious. He, too, was frightened at first, but after only a few hours realized how lucky he was. I\'m attaching pictures of him as well. These two have been caged at a Vet\'s office now for several weeks as we do not have any available fosters to take them. Please spread the word around to see if someone might be willing to help these two babies out. They will, of course, be altered, etc. Contact Diana at (936) 556-2754 or feralaristocat@yahoo.com if you can help. If you can\'t help, please pass this on.