Best litter for odor control? +

The Breeze System is great ... until you have a kitty with diarrhea, which is what I'm dealing with right now. His poops are sooooo stinky, too! Looking for the best odor control, preferably with minimal tracking. (Also, do I need a covered litter box?)

Comments

• Karen LeeKaren Lee The kingdom of Mer-lot
    edited 20 June, 2014
    Is a vet treating the kitten for the diarrhea? If not, that's the first thing you should do =; The vet can rule out worms or medical issues that may be causing the diarrhea. If the vet finds nothing wrong and has dewormed the kitten, take a look at the diet. Sometimes food doesn't agree with the tummy and that results in diarrhea. Poor quality food, especially dry food, can result in really horribly stinky poop :-O What are you currently feeding the kitten? Try grain-free food. Grains can sometimes cause diarrhea because cats can't digest it very well. Some cats are sensitive to fish/seafood. I think there's a cat here on Catster who is super sensitive to gums/thickeners. Check out Catinfo.org for everything on proper diet and litter boxes, among other things :) Catinfo.org discourages covered litter boxes because it traps in odors and cats don't like to potty in enclosed spaces :? We use a covered litter box and have had no problem with it.
  • Karen LeeKaren Lee The kingdom of Mer-lot
    edited 20 June, 2014
    Oh, Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat litter is a good one to try =; I know Petsmart sells it.