So confused...

edited October 2014 in Birman
I'd love to know if this little kitty is a Birman or not. The breeder claims that he is a tabby blue point Birman, but he doesn't have the typical white gloves and also doesn't seem as long-haired as the pics I've seen. We've already bought him and taken him home, and we're loving him, but I'd really like to know if we've paid for a real Birman or not...

Comments

• edited October 2014
    Adorable, but doesn't look like a Birman to me. Actually kind of looks like a pointed exotic shorthair, but that may just be the photo making the face look a bit more squishy than it is. The most telling features that make a Birman different from a long haired siamese are the white gloves and the nose shape. Birmans have a distinctive shape to their nose called a roman. The bridge of the nose is pretty straight down, then bends forward near the bottom of the eyes. If your cat has that then it's likely at least part Birman. I don't know of any other cats that have this feature.