Poopie Bum!

Lisa HartwigLisa Hartwig Member Posts: 2
edited 18 March, 2015 in Cats and a Clean Home
My DMH ever since I got him last august always gets poopies stuck to the fur around his bum and down his back legs. He has been on different food and nothing has changed, and I also trim the fur around there and try and keep it a bit shorter. But it still seems that every few days or so I have to stick his but under the tap and clean him off. Any suggestions? DSH does not have this problem, is it because of the length of the hair?

Comments

• Paula K-Paula K- New YorkMember Posts: 2,244
    edited 9 February, 2015
    Is he having diarrhea, or is it just normal poop stuck to his butt? If it's normal you can just keep the hair there trimmed shorter or shaved a bit.
  • Lisa HartwigLisa Hartwig Member Posts: 2
    edited 9 February, 2015
    No his poop is completely normal.
  • Super PetloversSuper Petlovers Member Posts: 7
    edited 9 March, 2015
    poopy bum?? poor may be constipated... and don't like trimmed cat hair. I like it fluffy.. :)
  • Super PetloversSuper Petlovers Member Posts: 7
    edited 9 March, 2015
    poopy bum?? poor may be constipated... and don't like trimmed cat hair. I like it fluffy.. :)
  • Kelli SternKelli Stern Member Posts: 90
    edited 18 March, 2015
    I am a DLH and have the same problem. Mommy is going to take a clippers to by bum and give me a bath. This happens whether i have normal poops or the runs. Right now I have the runs and mom doesn't know why. She is worried that she brought something in the house by petting a outside cat (who had the runs). Maybe your mom needs to get a clippers and do a little trim around the backside.