lump on the leg

edited April 2016 in Cat Health
hi Catster community. I was cutting my kittie's nails today and found a small lump on her leg. I don't think it's painful. I will schedule her for a vet appointment, but I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience. Any ideas what it might be? Here is how the lump looks. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6yGWXxVHbKhRUloZmFLNWJzNVU/view https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6yGWXxVHbKhWWdxVndGaGI2cUU/view

Comments

• SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount Olive ✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    It's hard to tell from a picture; and, anyway, it needs to be seen by a vet. Sometimes older animals develop lumps and bumps but they still need to have a veterinarian's confirmation. We'll be purring that your vet finds nothing serious.
  • edited January 2016
    Thank you. I should have a response by Wednesday.
    edited January 2016
    We're keeping our paws crossed and purring for your kitty.
  • edited January 2016
    Thank you! She is going through surgery today that should go 'super' according to the vet. I should be able to pick her up at the end of the day. The vet did the biopsy before the surgery that showed the lump to be the mast cell but they don't know whether it's a bad one or not and decided to remove it.
    edited January 2016
    How did the surgery go?
  • MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New Zealand ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    It's been awhile how did it all go. Many purrs all is ok
  • edited April 2016
    The surgery when well. But recently we gave Eava a haircut and found another lump that just got removed. Hope these will be the last ones. Both lumps were mast cells and non-malignant. :)
    edited April 2016
    That's good news. Hope there are no more pop up lumps! =;