NOTHING ANYMORE

Renee RyzRenee Ryz
edited 11 July, 2016 in What I Love About Catster
I did love Catster, but thanks to Lumina Media - they broke so many hearts. And don't tel;l me that after 12 years it was time - that is a bunch of litterbox nuggets. I still cannot believe it - Best to all of you kitties, and doggies too. Lumina can suck it.

Comments

• I'm new to catster. It seems like a lot of features used to be here but aren't anymore. My profile is text only but people have mentioned pictures. Other people have signatures but it says I can't add one. Why take away all those great features?
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount Olive ✭✭✭

Because the original creators of Catster did it "for the love of cats". A handful of people worked on it, kept it going. The Catster website started with just one page for each of a family's cats. Then the forums were added. That's when the cats started talking to each other. Then the group capabilities were added; then diaries. Group administrators like the Pawsome Pages members gave their technical knowledge freely and everyone's pages became beautiful. All of your cats (and dogs) had pages that linked to each other. But once the site was sold the new owners were only interested in how much $$$$$ it would make. The original Catster was run on love.