I'm a rescued cat and I'm losing fur on my ear. I went to the vet and I was fine. What's going on?

Angela BarlowAngela Barlow CincinnatiMember Posts: 3
Rescued cat, taken to the vet but everything came back fine. I haven't seen any signs of tapeworm and there wasn't any sign of ringworm. any idea what this could be?

Best Answer

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Did your vet actually give you clearance as far as the worms and ringworm and maybe possibly fleas or ear mites? Sometimes owners can miss signs that vets, with their trained eye, can pick up. If you started to lose your fur after seeing the vet, all your owner needs to do is call and say, "Hey, Tigger's losing fur on his ear. Did you notice anything when we were in your office?" In addition, cats often lose fur when they are stressed. If you are a recent rescue or if anything else "unusual" is going on in your home, you may just be a little stressed out. If the ear is red, scratched or inflamed then something is going on with your skin. Mom should call the vet back just to make sure.