my mommy is wondering about one of her other

my mommy is wondering about one of her other cat friends every winter he gets a bald spot on his back what could be causing this?

Best Answer

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    If the spot is red,itchy or looks like a rash, then your friend needs to go to his vet to make sure it's not something like ringworm. If it's just a bald patch, then it might be a seasonal allergy or dry skin.Fleas don't usually cause hair loss, but your friend can check for them anyway. My son's kitty tends to lose all the fur on his back end in the winter when he's forced to be inside because of the cold. Your friend can start feeding him a cat food that is for sensitive skin (Science Diet makes a good one), but don't suddenly change his diet. There are also skin/coat supplements that are mostly vitamins, minerals and oils that you add to their food. Your friend can also get a humidifier, either a portable one or one for the furnace to make the air little less dry.