My 9 week old chocolate tortie siamese is generally very affectionate but recently started nipping a

Nadine TownsendNadine Townsend RustenburgMember Posts: 17
Should I be worried? How can I stop this?

Best Answers

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Baby cats, like baby humans need training and socialization to learn what's acceptable behavior. When you play, do not use your hands or fingers. When you notice she's becoming hyper, stop playing. When she bites or nips, say "NO bite!" and walk away. Everyone in the house must do this, not just you. Avoid "hands-on" toys for a while and use a feather teaser or a laser light. Our super-smart friend Gracie says you can also hiss like a mama cat would when her babies nip or bite her. I've tried it and it works and with practice, you get quite good at hissing! Athena is just a little baby and needs love, patience and consistency. Kisses for this sweetie from us here at "The Zoo".
  • abigael faberabigael faber fairfaxMember Posts: 52
    Accepted Answer
    you all are werd cats are going to bit you they have teeth and they have to do sum stuff with them. my small cat bits all the time,your cat will stop in weeks time or you can give him cardbord they love it