is there really a surgical option to get my nuetered male cat to stop spryaing?

he was nuetered as a kitten, after about a year we left him alone for 1 1/2 days and he sprayed everywhere. we havnt left him alone since but he will not stop spraying he is such a great cat i would hate to give him up because of this, it would devestate "his" kids please help i dont want him on medications, and i can not live with cat urine

Best Answer

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    There is no surgical option to get a male cat to stop spraying, and unless he is a hyper cat, medications such as Kitty Prozac won't help the issue either. If he is an outdoor cat, you may want to keep him in as in my experience, both my outdoor cats (male and female) sprayed. When he sprays, you need to clean up the marks very, very well with an enzymatic cleaner such a Nature's Miracle or Simple Solution to destroy the odor. Does he use his box at all to pee? If not, take him to the vet to make sure he doesn't have a urinary issue. While you're there, share your concerns with the vet. If you don't already have a vet, now would be a good time to get one on board for him.