Cat has started peeing on couch all of a sudden.

My 10-11 month old female indoor cat has suddenly started peeing on my couch. We have used Urine-Off, she just moves over to the next cushion. Itook her to the vet, he said it isnt UTI it's with her de claw and they left a part of the nail and its bothering her. She still uses her box, has not done this until the last month, and only on one place. Any suggestions as to why and what to do?

Best Answer

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Cats stop using the box for 2 reasons, stress and illness or pain, and it sounds like your female has both. Declawing is a hotly debated topic on this board, but the general consensus of opinion is that it's very painful and stressful for the cat, and since it sounds like your cat's surgery was botched, this makes the whole situation worse. Has the vet advised to remove the piece of claw left? And, if the declaw went wrong with this clinic, I wouldn't be too sure she doesn't have a UTI. I might go to another vet for a recheck. Anyway, I'm not familiar with Urine-off, so I don't know how it works, but I use Nature's Miracle on animal urine and it works pretty well. She continues to use one spot because she smells her scent there. I've heard that using aluminum foil on the sofa can deter the cat from jumping up there b/c they don't like the feel or the sound.