How do I know if my cat has hookworms and If he does have them what should I do?

Hes lost alot of weight, hes got diarrhea, black tar in his stool, and hes very weak.

Best Answers

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Unfortunately, even if we were veterinary professionals, we cannot examine, diagnose or treat your cat over the Internet. The black in his stools could be blood and could signal worms or other causes for internal bleeding, which also leads to weight loss. He sounds miserable and you do need to get him to a vet, even an emergency pet clinic for immediate treatment. Without knowing what his issues are, I would not attempt to medicate him with a store-bought wormer as it could prove fatal for him.
  • kittycatt kittycattkittycatt kittycatt Member Posts: 1
    Accepted Answer
    You should take your cat to the vet. Reading reviews (http://www.pissedconsumer.com/consumer-reviews/veterinary.html) is also helpful. But don't postpone visiting a vet!