how can i tell if my cat has feline hyperesthesia?

i think he might... his back twitches (alot) he scratches around his ears (less than his back twitches but enough for me to notice somethings not right (not he does not have fleas or ear mites) i have caught him chasing his tail a few times and hes a really rough when he plays (claws out). and when hes not sleeping its like hes going 90 mph. then he just stops and turns into a completely different cat. he gets really lazy ( i chop it up to him bein tired from running) hes such a lover! he loves to cuddle and be loved on! he loves people, even strangers and kids (which freaks me out bc he plays so rough. yes i warn people) and i swear hes got Ragdoll in him bc you can hold him in the way you can hold a ragdoll and he just chills there all stretched out with out a care in the world.hes not afraid of anything, i have a pitbull as well, we keep them seperated but a few time the dog gets out n marco will not back down, he hold his ground.does he have it or is he just a weird cat?