What would you think if your significant other wanted you to have fewer cats?

I know this isn't directly a cat question, but I figured cat lovers would have insightful opinions regarding my situation. My girlfriend and I are in the beginning stages of talking about her moving into my house. I am not a cat person, but I do like her cats. The problem is, she has 4 cats and I think that's too many. In the city we live in, having more than 3 is actually against city ordinance. She is also really interested in turning my house into a giant cat playground like she has seen on youtube videos. Now, I am more than willing to accept her, all 4 of her cats, and some cat furniture into my house, but I eventually want no more than 2 cats and want a "normal" house. Here's my question: What would you think if your S.O. told you they did not want you to replace your cats when they passed until the number was down to 2? As a secondary question, would you be offended if your S.O. told you he wants to live in a house for humans instead of being a guest in a giant cat playground?