Help me with my mean kitty

A year ago my mother got me a kitty, since a year before that my kitty was killed. I have two little dogs, and for the year he has been here Loki has been so mean to them, and to me. He bites and scratches unprovoked. He also has taken to pooping and peeing in clean clothes even when his litter box is completely clean. I love him, but he's so crazy all the time. He even climbs my walls. I can't let him outside because it's not safe for him with as fast as people drive and the huge dogs that roam the neighborhood at times. I have things for him to play with, he has his own hide-y hole to retreat to that no one can get him in, and he's got scratching posts and a kitty tree. I don't know how to calm him down, and to have him be nicer to me and my little doggies. They are afraid of him, and I have to watch them when he's around to protect them. I don't want my doggies to be scared all the time, and I don't want to have to constantly be treating bites and scratches. I would love some help.