We Want to Hear From You!

CatsterAdminCatsterAdmin admin
edited September 19 in Getting Started

Please note that the Catster and Dogster communities are still in Beta and we would love your user feedback! Please post any questions, concerns or suggestions for improvement below.

Have a question? Check out our FAQs and the rest of our Getting Started section!

Comments

• Kitty_Pryde_and_JackKitty_Pryde_and_Jack los angeles ✭✭✭

Also, when I did try to change my profile name to one of my cat's, Kitty Pryde, it said that user name was already in use and I could not use it, and then I put my name back in and it would not accept it with any spaces between my first name and last name...can we not have spaces between our names? some of our cats don't have a one word name

Kitty Pryde and Jack

• one thing i want to share is I noticed that the right hand corner of my catster page says dogster community and when i'm logged into dogster, it says catster community

• CalvinCalvin Scottsdale ✭✭✭

Sarah - the "Dogster community" you see on the Catster side just means that is where you click to go to the Dogster side.

The Cats in the Clover
    Samoa, Calvin, Violet, Gleek, Spunky, Sugar, Vivien, Newman, & Inky

• Hi all—
    Great news — we’ve now added custom profile fields so you can customize your profile to your fur family:
    http://community.catster.com/profile/edit
    Please let us know if there are any other fields you would like to see here!

Other answers to questions:
    You will need to make separate logins for all pets.
    You can change your human username to your pet username at any time, please see our FAQ section for directions.
    Catster and Dogster communities have separate sign-ins.
    You can create pet profiles on your profile page and on the Welcome post.
    We are checking into longer usernames with more symbols.
    We will add some of these items to our FAQ section as well.

Thank you! Please let us know what other questions you have!

• Ace AtturaAce Attura NY DC and DE ✭✭

THE PAGES FOR BBBT, Sweet Cee Cee, Miss Princess, Buttons, Puddy -- ALL GONE!! ALLL GONE! WHYY???!!! We all put so much LOVE and SWEAT and ENERGY and LOOVE into making those pages and talking to other cats! !!!!!SHAME ON YOU CATSTER!!!!!!!!!

• SmokeyBowersFamilySmokeyBowersFamily Medina ✭✭✭
    edited September 20

Is there anyway we can have our Pet Profiles connected together? For example, on one profile have a place where we can add more pets so they are all connected?
    Also can you add a form on our Pet profile so we can have a Diary?
    Another question, we would like the option to add pictures from our devices to our Pet Profiles.
    Can we also have a way where we can add backgrounds to our pet profiles? A way to decorate our pages.

I cannot even contact support because when I click on support on the bottom of the site it brings me right back to the forum pages. RIDICULOUS!

Kitty Pryde and Jack

Can we not have friend lists as we had before?? Will there be a Cat of the Day? Those things were so special and now it appears that they are gone. Will we have zealies that we can gift and share with our friends?

Kitty Pryde and Jack

• Hi everyone!

Please remember that this is a beta test of the new community and we will be updating it over the coming weeks and months.

We will look into being able to connect welcome posts (which function like the old pet profiles) to user profiles so that there can be multiples. For now, you will have to create a separate welcome post for each pet OR create a separate login.

You can comment, edit, etc. as many times as you want on your welcome post, so that can act as your diary.

You should be able to use the same email on Catster and Dogster, you will just have to sign into the communities separately.

We too were very saddened by Ted’s passing and posted about it here: http://www.dogster.com/the-scoop/honoring-ted-rheingold-and-betty-liddick

You can communicate with your friends by tagging them (with @).

We will continue to update you and will take everything into consideration.

Thank you!

• Yes, I am using the same email and password for both sites so thanks for that. We heard about Ted and it's incredibly sad. He created something very special.

I know folks are frustrated. Let's give them a chance to see what they can do. I think we all agree it's not the old catster and I'm not sure they will ever live up to it. I only hope that they try to. I asked in the dogster feedback thread if they would consider one account with multiple pets instead of needing multiple login/email addresses. Is that something you are looking into or are we stuck with it? Thank you....

• Calvin, thank you! Duh...it really does make it easier to go back and forth. LOL! Thank you!

• AndreaAndrea Cleveland ✭✭

Definetely not what I've waited for all this time. One pet per account, can't find any groups, no friends list, no pictures. :'(

• @CatsterAdmin I want to change back to the email I used to use for both Dogster/Catster. When I tried yesterday to sign in with the old one to create a new page for us here, I was told that email was 'already in use', and I was shut out. Same when I tried to get in at the Dogster's new site. Now I have to have all my correspondence sent from the new email to the regular one...what if I did not have that second email account? I pay for my regular one as it is secure, but the gmail one is not secure at all. And I just read that you can use the same email/password of both sites??? Not for me as yet? I see a lot of new members being referred to having been there so and so many years, etc, well, I and my furs have been here since 2009...all for naught it seems...this must be because I had to use a new email which of course is not on the old site.
    HELP!
    Please!?!
    I need to go back to my runbox account.

Thanks...

PipoMrJackFrecklesAngelMinko

• @Liz_Giz_Spirit_Faith How did you get to use the same email for both sites??

PipoMrJackFrecklesAngelMinko

• AshPoGusAshPoGus Albuquerque ✭✭✭

@PipoAngelMinkoMJF, you should try again to sign in with your old email address. I think the sign in function was not working properly until sometime yesterday, and you might have tried it before it was working. If it does not accept your old password, then use the 'forgot password' or 'reset password' option (I forget which it is), and you should receive an email almost immediately which will enable you to set a new password. That has worked for some others, including me. Good luck, hope it works for you!

• Hi @PipoAngelMinkoMJF — @AshPoGus is right! We were having issues with emails sent to users, so I would try again to reset your password for your old account.

We are taking all your feedback into consideration and we are updating our FAQ page as new questions pop up!

• I asked in the dogster forum about adding multiple pets to each account/profile and dogster admin responded with: We will take your comments re: trying to add more pets to one profile seriously and see if / what we can do.