The Cats in the Clover Samoa, Calvin, Violet, Gleek, Spunky, Sugar, Vivien, Inky, and Newman

2»

Comments

• @Calvin thankz we tried it 'n needz ta workz on it, but mom iz still hazin' trouble seein' but we did find out how to use da snippin' tool. U r furry halpful me grand furiend~~~ <3

Milo Blue Eyes, wif Angels Mallee 'n Smokey Joe

• CalvinCalvin Scottsdale ✭✭✭

Glad you figured it out, @Milo_Blue_Eyes !

The Cats in the Clover
    Samoa, Calvin, Violet, Gleek, Spunky, Sugar, Vivien, Newman, & Inky

• MidnightSonMidnightSon York ✭✭✭

Mom is still learning and trying but gets frustrated..At least she has my pic and name up..

The Nicholas Boys....Midnight Son and Angels D-Max and White Boots

• MeepMeep ✭✭

Hi Calvin, Newman, Inky, Gleek, Violet, Samoa, Spunky and Sugar! I hope you're still coming back here once in a while to say hi. I am pretty much lost in this format, trying to figure out how what equates to what from the OC. Sigh. Meowmie says she is a linear dinosaur and now everything is like a flow chart or some board game with moveable pieces only she does not understand what the pieces are for.
    Our Bibi went to cat heaven on March 25, 2017 and she has visited us to let us know she is fine. When we figure out how to have a "page" we will write more. Until then it was so good to see you here. We found Milo and Friday and are still searching for our other dear Catster furriends. Purrs to you all, Meep

• CalvinCalvin Scottsdale ✭✭✭

@Meep - Good to hear from you Meep and Bibi! Several friends are trying out this new format - hopefully more changes will happen as this is still in beta testing. It is a little confusing, but if you look at the Welcome section, you may see more friends that you recognize. Only one cat can be the "Profile", but you can have individual "pages" over in the Welcome area. I'm sorry to hear that Bibi journeyed to the bridge, but I'm glad she has visited you. We're taking good care of her up here!

The Cats in the Clover

• MeepMeep ✭✭

Calvin-so happy to hear Bibi has found you and you are looking after her as a newbie angel.

The biggest thing I find missing from this bulletin board-style set up is there is no sense of a whole: a whole website, a whole Community. Everything is just a thread that does not weave together the way the OC did. One reason is there is no true front door--just a list of lists. When I walk through a front door I know I'm home or somewhere worth exploring. When I find a website made of lists, it does not create community, friendship, shared events and everything we miss about the OC. If you wanted to avoid the equivalent "lists" on the OC, you could just stick to the cat pages, comments, p-mail and diaries. Here its hard to figure out where you last posted because (and excuse me for repeating), everything is a list that looks like every other list, and the experience becomes fragmentation, not integration.

While I am grateful that I can touch base with some old pals, I don't see myself getting involved on a regular basis here. There are a few cats that write almost everything. Everyone else dips a paw in and leaves. Depending on what the goals are for the owners, this either matters a great deal or is not even worth a yawn.

And mega confusing is although my page is gone, my disembodied comments from forever show up at the end of my profile (or something).

So Calvin, dear furriend, I thank you for giving space to this long comment. I will check back at some point and thank you for all your hard work.

Purrs, Meep

• MeepMeep ✭✭

And one more thing ... the incessant rating (giving stars, liking/not liking, etc.) of every comment and picture is obnoxious. I know this is the modern "style" but can we be Catster and not "Catbook" and "Dogbook" - anonymous clicking is not friendly, community building activity -- surely a friendly comment that you must add your name to is a better way to build relationship and avoid all the pitfalls of anonymous ratings. -- Meep

• MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New Zealand ✭✭✭

Hi furry friends

• Kally_Kat_Kally_Kat_ Beans ✭✭✭

Mew mews Meep & Mr D
    _Sam_Raza, Meep, I am sadden how you feel about the NC, OC is gone foreva! :'( Yes, it's so different, but as time changes younger peeps changes into another time & place. It's like our human Moms & Dads have gone to heaven. I pray someday we all will unite together as a whole. Me luvs yur Fur family.
    I cried when I first came here, but juss to know that some of our OC are here at the NC I'm here to honour my Sweet ♥Kally Kat♥ Angel
    I still cry for her as she will be my only cat for now, but they never say never.

I hope you'll stay a bit longer, I love Calvin Angel & The Cats in the Clover

Luv iz 4- eva! <3 <3

♥Luv iz 4 - eva & eva♥

• Kally_Kat_Kally_Kat_ Beans ✭✭✭

I'm sorry to hear that Bibi had journeyed to the Rainbow Bridge.

♥Luv iz 4 - eva & eva♥

• @Kally_Kat_ @MrD_Sam_Raza @Meep @Calvin Miss Kally Kat Ur mom will moof on 'n dere will be'z other spawcial kitz in her life 'n iz gotta be'z, coz so may furrs 'n kitz need ta bez adopted 'n so many needz goo' home 'n goo' momz 'n dadz, so we jus' hoepe 'n purraye dat U wil take upon another spaweciall kit or pup givin' a goo' home too~ Iz da way it workz, 'n we all knowz our love will be'z furever, but we a'so knowz our kitz or pupz won't out live da pawrentz. Iz sa 'n mom knowz I don't habz a long life, but any 'n all o' our precious timez tagethjer will a'wayz be'z memmer'd 'n as me momcat knowz I will be'z enterin' my 10th birfday next yr, iz al worth it, iz all da happy timez 'n alla da timez I made me Mom 'n Paw laugh 'n enjoy, me life iz worth it. I will liveZ on'n on..on 'n on, a'wayz..jus' a'wayz. Furefur, iz da love 'n love livez on..mom knowz dis as her a'wayz memmer me Mallee n me SmokeyJoe 'n dese lifez waz so spawcial 'n so loved. BiBi iz wif Mallee our ultimate angels, our beloved gurlie gurlz who gaved us so mush. Sorry mom still can notz see reeal goo' so if'n ya can jus read tween da linez, we loverz ya'll 'n purrpreciate da love o' our catster furiendz whofur we haz loved fur so long.

• MeepMeep ✭✭

@MILO_BLUE_EYES , @Kally_Kat_ -- thank you for all the love and remembering and remembering that at least we are here. Sometimes the young 'uns are clueless about some stuff. They are in such a hurry to do all the new stuff they don't think to look or listen to anything else. We don't want think the NC needs to be a copy of the OC, but we do think some instruction is necessary and @Calvin , you are right, the NC needs to look at the OC, not to be copy cats (MOL) but to open their eyes and hearts, which after all, is the job of us oldsters.

• MeepMeep ✭✭

The great divide though, between the oldsters and young'uns, is the young 'uns operate on the assumption that as long as you can click on something, everything is okay, because you just keep clicking so what's the problem and it doesn't matter where you start. As an oldster I think where you start determines where you wind up and clicking and clicking is like being lost and not being able to ask directions. @CatsterAdmin -- I'm trying hard to get through to you so you have an "aha" moment. . . .I hope some of this makes sense. I do not know technical computer language words so I am trying analogy and describing experience as best I can.

• @Meep I hope sumone unnerstandz us here. All da new stuff, 'n seemz like all da Cat sitez r based 'roun' bein' jus' like FB 'n dat iz why we love'd CATSTER so mush 'n made so many treasured furiendz whofur we a'wayz will lovez. We r not techiez either. But a more colorfur or furr furiendly way cud halpz dis place. 'n lettin' da goggiez 'n kittiez play together iz one o' 'em!!!

2»