What happened to all my pictures ?

Lee EcklundLee Ecklund Royal Center ✭✭

Where are my tons of photos?

Comments

• Barbara SutcliffeBarbara Sutcliffe College Park ✭✭

Where are all my pictures & cat diaries?

• Carol ZytnikCarol Zytnik Rego Park, New York ✭✭

I'm asking the same thing, Barbara. I find snippets of comments, can still see a few pics? But the pages and posts? They're obviously still somewhere on the servers. What worries me more, as Bonnie Cunningham pointed out, was that many of the forum groups were set to private. Even some of the snippets of comments I saw could be quite damaging to people. Those private forums should never be searchable.

• We have been on Catster for nearly 10 years and other family members even longer, but we let Snuggle (our original Catster) have our old login. That means we are basically new members again. Snuggle has been assigned all of our previous posts. We are so confused. :(

• I am having the hardest time adding pictures....Doesn't make sense..

• Brenda GrabBrenda Grab Madison ✭✭

I can't find any record of me or my cats. Where are we?

• Michael HartleyMichael Hartley Jacksonville, FL ✭✭

Where are my cat pages diaries and pictures?

• Lee EcklundLee Ecklund Royal Center ✭✭

Here is the answer, looks like everything has been scrubbed from our former pages;
    http://www.catster.com/the-scoop/big-changes-catster-hq

• WolfganggWolfgangg Terre Haute ✭✭✭

Meowmy wants to change the username to my name but it won't let her.

• tiggerwigginstiggerwiggins Placerville ✭✭✭

Are there cat pages and diaries anymore? It looks to me that what made Catster special is gone.

From; http://community.catster.com/
    "We unfortunately don’t have export functionality to help you preserve your pet pages, but we encourage you to save your photos and diary entries before March 3, when they will be taken offline".

• Sally WrightSally Wright Denver ✭✭

I found the link to one of my kitty's pages and it doesn't exist any longer. That's what made Catster special. I haz a sad... lots of sads :'(

• HerbieHerbie ✭✭

How do you made changes and add another Cat

• Snuggle_Liza_Tam_SylSnuggle_Liza_Tam_Syl Nashville/St. Louis ✭✭✭

Hi @Herbie and all. So far the only way to add the rest of our family is to create a separate account with a different email address. Unfortunately, since Herbie is using your original Catster account, all previous posts by Callie Rose, etc will be attributed to Herbie.

We do not know how much room there is to tweak this site. It is built on a pretty basic platform. We suggested added a pull down menu to move between our cats, because currently we have to sign out and back in every time we want to change to another cat (or dog). Therefore, Snuggle ends up speaking for our family most of the time.

We also wanted to be able to add our joined date to other family members. The 4 Little Kittens joined Catster nearly 10 years ago. However, because they had to get a new account, they show that they joined a few days ago.

We have made suggestions. Now we just have to wait and see.
    :/ :)

Snuggle, Liza, Orange Man, Sylvia, Sophie, Tammy, Gabriel, Kristopher, Nickolaus, Savannah, Bobbi, Trudy, Calli & Babies

edited October 1

@sally wright and evfurryone, we can't edit our pages now. They are frozen in time.

We hope that everything is still stored on a server, somewhere, and that we will be able to get access to them again.

Unfortunately, currently we can only look at them on the Wayback Machine site. You just need your baby's Catster #. Go to Wayback Machine.com and go to seach and enter:

http://www.catster.com/cats/(your Catster # here)

We are very sad also. It has been an actual grieving process. We are trying to maintain contact with our friends and build things back. It is all we can do, for now.

Snuggle, Liza, Orange Man, Sylvia, Sophie, Tammy, Gabriel, Kristopher, Nickolaus, Savannah, Bobbi, Trudy, Calli & Babies

edited October 1

Fortunately, I saved our pet page links to the Way Back Machine in Word. This has been a roller coaster ride of emotions the past couple of years on Catster. Things will never return to what they were. That special quality that made Catster what it was is gone forever. I am done. Love to all our Catster friends.

<3 Tigger, Taylor, Buddy, Bob, Pippin, Marmelade, Midge, Sebastian, Indiana Jones and Shadow

@tiggerwiggins yes, the magic is not there now. We have been heartbroken by the losses. We are hoping there will be improvements. We hope you will stop by and say hi once in a while. We still hope there is someone out there who will be able to restore our pages. Maybe not all. Maybe not the many people who signed up cats and never came back. Perhaps the pages of cats and dogs that spent time on the sites. I don't know how that would be done, as I am not a programmer. However, I hope the data still exists and maybe, some day.
    Allour best to all of you.
    Snuggle, Liza and Family

Snuggle and Family,

We will definitely keep our membership going so we can come back and say hello. It is just so painful to have this loss over and over. Our angel kitties will always be in our hearts and minds, but Catster was a special place that allowed us to keep their spirits alive and tangible, and to share their lives with our friends using our kitties' voices and photos.

Hugs,

Tigger, Taylor, Buddy, Bob, Pippin, Marmelade, Midge, Sebastian, Indiana Jones and Shadow

@tiggerwiggins we agree. We have already had several special days since this NC started and it has been very painful.

We also are very sad for our furiends who lost their pawrents. Their pages were a living tribute to their memories. Just having static images is not the same.

We are trying to remain optimistic, but it is difficult. So many years of love went into OC.

Hugs and purrs.

• LilyLily Branford ✭✭✭

I feel so sad!

Tried the waybackmachine.com.... Even though I saved the URLs for my cats pages this is the message I get....."No URL has been captured for this domain".

@Lee Ecklund I had the same problem. When I put in the URL I copied it didn't work. I finally shortened it to just the http://www.catster.com/cats/(and your cat's #) and it found them. I hope it works for you.

Or you should be able to put the whole thing in a search engine and it should find it.

Thank you Snuggle!

I was trying the Way Back Machine and it couldn't find the URL I had saved and I was panicking! I put it in Google search engine and it found it. Here is Tigger's main profile photo that I love!

Hugs,

Tigger Angel, Taylor Angel, Buddy Angel, Bob Angel
    Pippin, Marmelade, Midge, Sebastian, Indiana Jones and Shadow

• Sally WrightSally Wright Denver ✭✭

www.waybackmachine.come doesn't bring up a site for me. What am I missing?

• CalvinCalvin Scottsdale ✭✭✭

@Sally Wright - try this link for the Wayback Machine - https://web.archive.org/

The Cats in the Clover
    Samoa, Calvin, Violet, Gleek, Spunky, Sugar, Vivien, Newman, & Inky

Hi @tiggerwiggins Great photo! We are so happy you found it. Mom has had a lot going on and has not been here for a few days. We are happy to see there has been some activity.

Mom tried to open our Wayback pages one day and it said it couldn't find. We all panicked. Then one day it said server problem. That really scared us. Thankfully now, all is working fine. We just wish our pages were live.

Hi Everyfur,

Mom and Dad were on a mini-vacation, so we haven't been here for awhile either. I hope you all are fine!

Tigger Angel, Taylor Angel, Buddy Angel, Bob Angel, Pippin, Marmelade, Midge, Sebastian, Indiana Jones and Shadow <3

edited October 13

We are glad you are back. Mom was doing some projects. Then she learned some of our friends are in the California fires. They were missing their horse and 2 dogs, that the firemen set free, when they had to flee. We have been so worried. Mom was going over maps, watching fire move. Yesterday the horse was located. Today the dogs. They are all safe. Only a barn was lost. So lucky they released the horse in time. Mom was exhausted from stress. She is hugging all of us a little closer tonight. We hope all of our Catster and Dogster friends are safe tonight. Hugs and purrs from all of us. <3

• LilyLily Branford ✭✭✭

Meow--we want all our furriends and their humans and other pets to be safe! waves tail anxiously

Hi Snuggle,

We live in California about 140 miles east of Sonoma County. The fires have been beyond devastating for people who live there. I am so glad your friend's family is okay.

Tigger Angel, Taylor Angel, Buddy Angel, Bob Angel, Pippin, Marmelade, Midge, Sebastian, Indiana Jones and Shadow