Been a member since 2007 and I can't find my cats pages?

Cristina ReggieCristina Reggie New Jersey / New York City ✭✭

I used to have Facebook like pages for my cats. Where did they go?

Comments

• CalvinCalvin Scottsdale ✭✭✭

They are no longer on Catster, unfortunately. If you know any of your cats' Catster ID#s, you can view their Catster pages at the Wayback Machine. Enter their URL (www.catster.com/cats/ID#) at the top box of the Wayback Machine.

https://web.archive.org/

The Cats in the Clover
    Samoa, Calvin, Violet, Gleek, Spunky, Sugar, Vivien, Newman, & Inky

• Snuggle_Liza_Tam_SylSnuggle_Liza_Tam_Syl Nashville/St. Louis ✭✭✭

We would love to see them back somehow, some day, but not yet. Very sad :'(

Snuggle, Liza, Orange Man, Sylvia, Sophie, Tammy, Gabriel, Kristopher, Nickolaus, Savannah, Bobbi, Trudy, Calli & Babies

• AndreaAndrea Cleveland ✭✭

Ugh, not what I was hoping for going to look for another site.

• MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New Zealand ✭✭✭

We need to give feed back, Maybe they didn't realise what was so special here. Maybe they might be able to in time paws crossed

• They don't realize how much we used the Community pages and our cats's pages to help each other....I have saved mine on the Wayback Machine and in print....I thought that they were going to keep it the way Ted had created it....This is a poor imitation of the Catster website.....perhaps they will change...

• MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New Zealand ✭✭✭

Paws crossed

Hi @MrD_Sam_Raza mom sent a screenshot of my profile page to them, in case they had not really seen what Catster was. They said they could not move pages to this platform. Well, of course not. Catster was designed specifically for what it was. Moving it to a basic blog platform could not possibly work the way it had in the past. This is very slow to maneuver through. There were several sites people tried to start, that were similar to this. Mom checked them out for us, but they just didn't keep us coming back. :/ We hope things get better soon.

Snuggle, Liza, Orange Man, Sylvia, Sophie, Tammy, Gabriel, Kristopher, Nickolaus, Savannah, Bobbi, Trudy, Calli & Babies

Hi @andrea we have checked several. Mostly the same as this. Catster was unique, special. :'(

• KazumiJoyKazumiJoy Grimsby ✭✭

Hi Calvin (how are you?!), I tried finding myself (an existential quest, ha ha) via the machine, but all I got was a calendar. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

The cat always leaves a mark on his friend. AESOP (620-560 B.C.)

• CalvinCalvin Scottsdale ✭✭✭

@KazumiJoy - be sure to put that @ symbol before my name so I can get notified that you've contacted me. When you see the calendar at the Wayback Machine, there will be a "dot" on various days of the calendar - those dots represent days that your page was saved. You should be able to click on any of them to see your old Catster page. Let me know if you have trouble, and I'll find it for you if you give me your ID#.

The Cats in the Clover
    Samoa, Calvin, Violet, Gleek, Spunky, Sugar, Vivien, Newman, & Inky

• AshPoGusAshPoGus Albuquerque ✭✭✭
    edited September 28

@KazumiJoy, we are so happy to see you here! It's me, Ashlynne! (And guess what -- we have two new boys who just came to live with us, Gus and Po.) I found your latest page on the Wayback Machine (Archive dot org). Scooter conveniently had a diary entry with a link to you, showing on her page. https://web.archive.org/web/20160724025833/http://www.catster.com/cats/151997

Edit: Oops! I see elsewhere that you already had the link to your old Catster page.

• KazumiJoyKazumiJoy Grimsby ✭✭

@Calvin, ah, yes, forgot the cymbal, er, symbol, snort. And clearly, mom wasn't connecting the dots when looking at that calendar...

@AshPoGus Ashlynne! Hello!! How exciting to have two new brothers! Just don't let them boss you around, ha ha. Mom never did get another cat, but is now living with her brother and niece (named Kat of all things) and has managed to win over THEIR cat. He's my complete opposite -- won't sit in a lap but loves to be picked up -- go figure. It's so nice to see some familiar faces here! Not the same as the old Catster, but we have our memories of the place, eh?

The cat always leaves a mark on his friend. AESOP (620-560 B.C.)

• The_Wild_OnesThe_Wild_Ones Phoenix ✭✭✭

@Cristina Reggie, it is not the same, but they are definitely listening to us and making improvements!!

Check out our Welcome Page
    ~Charly ~Speedy ~ Homer ~Dewey

• Taylor TurnerTaylor Turner St marys ga/Rockford IL/living ✭✭

This is a sad sad post to read! I haven’t been on Catster in a VERY long time (I’m talkin like a few YEARS!) and to log in today and find a completely and very hard to use via my iPhone platform, I am disappointed to say the least! Those kitty profiles were the only reason I visited and joined Catster in the first place! 😿