Long Trip

Dana JensenDana Jensen Member Posts: 1
We just got back from a 600 mile trip and have to go again at the end of the month. We had the worst experience because an unexpected emergency came up and we had to extend our away time from 1-2 weeks, longest we've ever left them. Well first the young man we had coming really wasn't that great. We have 3 cats Lucy the eldest is 7, Nana is 6 and the baby is 5. They just lost one in October and Nana is just now coming out of a serious depression. Lucy sleeps under covers and tells me when to go to bed, Nana stays up all day follows me from room to room and the baby won't go to anyone but my husband. While away, we got robbed and people who I had secure my house couldn't find my cats all indoor only cats and I feared the worst. When we got home they were hiding for I don't know how long but my husband found them right away. I'm so nervous I don't want to leave them I think they will be better traveling with me. Also we are moving west coast to east coast very soon, within 6 weeks, maybe this will get them acclimated to a car ride. Help please.