2 mammary tumors

Ebony2008Ebony2008 Member Posts: 2
My wife recienlty found 2 lumps on our cat Ebony. We took her to the vet today she is getting them removed on the 29th. She was a late spay :( I am very worried 1 is 1cm the other is .3 from what the vet could feel anyways. One on the right side and one on the left. The cat is acting fine. We sadly cannot afford to remove both mammary chains. So we opted to remove both lumps and get them tested. The price on this alone is hard to afford. I feel like a horrible cat owner as I can’t afford the other surgery and chemotherapy. The vet didn’t recommend removing both mammary chains though I was the one that brought it up. I read online that it is the best option. I could barely hold back tears at the vets. I finally could not hold it in anymore when we got home. I feel guilty for feeling this way however as my wife is much closer to her. She also got her right after her dad passed so she is very special. I don’t know if she is just trying to ignore it for now and not think about or not. I can’t stop. Haven’t really gotten much sleep and that doesn’t help. I am just so shocked. I know that it has not been confirmed yet it’s cancer so there is hope however I also know there is at best a 15% it’s not. I am glad I got to talk about this here as I have no one else I can talk to. I don’t want to upset my wife so I do my best to try and pretend to not be so upset. Thanks for listening

Comments

• Kally_Kat_Kally_Kat_ BeansMember Posts: 200 ✭✭✭

@Ebony2008****
    I am so sorrie Ebony's Dad Cat & Mom Cat.
    You discovered that, there was an issue you took her to Vet to test her.
    That alone was nerve wracking, not knowing what's the outcome is going to be next.
    At Catster here we call them Sugar Rubs it's always very important that you check your cats for any unknown issues you may come upon. I brushed my Kally Kat every day & then I felt one lump & panicked, both loving pet parent would feel that way.

You Dad Cat did nothing wrong, we always blame ourselves, Please don't be too hard on yourself, I know it's easy said & done!

Ebony, sweetheart mai mommy took me to my Vet & the Vet said that I had to have just that one removed & clear the path as they were there looking. Didn't find any more.

I Kally Kat's mommy Liz, was horrified; scared & never heard of this before.
    She survived that Mammary lump & she got through with the whole surgery.
    I will pray for you Ebony, that all this will be cleared.....

Taking her to the Vet was the most #1 thing to do!
    I feel for your pawrents, at that time I had tremended support when we were at the old Catsters.

We all do our best in caring for a sick pet. Just you know, we are here for both your parents.
    Please keep me & other furriends updated as you go along.
    Ebony I know of you from the old Catster sweetheart.. You are such a beautiful lady cat. <3

May the warm glow of this candle, stay forever lit in your hearts!

♥Luv iz 4 - eva & eva♥