New Kitten Mommy Who Is Very Worried

tavanyartavanyar Member Posts: 1
My husband rescued a little kitten who was born in the African bush. As soon as he got to town we took him for his first vaccines. He settled in well and is such a loving soul. On Friday night he got in to a small scuffle with a neighbor's cat. I took him to the not great but only 24 hour vet late on Friday night. They said he had a small puncture wound on his leg but he would be fine and gave him a painkiller. He wasn't himself after that and on Monday I took him to his vet. He had a temperature and they found another puncture site that was a little infected. They cleaned it, flushed it and gave him a long lasting anti biotic . I feel so bad but didn't want to mess with him to much after the first vet visit so I never spotted the second small puncture. He is due to go back to the vet tomorrow but I'm panicking as he hasn't eaten terribly much since Friday although he's drinking well and still playful and eating loads of months. He will be going to the vet first thing tomorrow but I'm so concerned and don't want to take him back to the awful 24 hour vet again. I've tried feeding him his usual kitten biscuits, his usual mince, sardines smoked salmon and baby porridge but he'd rather eat and catch moths. My question is do you think he'll be ok till the morning or do I risk the horrible vet as his lovely awesome vet is closed until tomorrow for the public holiday .Many thanks in advance for any advice

Comments

• TwinkleTwinkle BirminghamMember Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭
    I would not take him back to a vet I didn't like or trust. I think he'll be ok until you can get him back to the vet you like since he's on good antibiotics. Good luck!