Why does my cat freak out at the sight of my other cat?

Frog1988Frog1988 Member Posts: 2
we have an orange tabby that we got when she was only 8 weeks old, she is now a year and a half old. When we first got her she lived with a black cat same age for about a month with only minimal issues. In September of 2017 we brought that same black cat home. Not she completely freaks out if she even sees him. I’m talking puffed tail, growling, hissing, screaming, and snorting. One time she was so scared that she actually pooped where she was laying. If anyone tries to touch her to calm her they will get attacked. We have to keep the black cat locked upstairs, he’s always meowing wanting attention. They are both really cool cats and he doesn’t seem to be trying to threaten her at all. They are both fixed, she has never had a traumatic experience with another cat. I really want to be able to have them both by us at the same time. Please help