Safe cleaners

Christine BowdenChristine Bowden Member Posts: 3
edited 1 April, 2015 in Cats and a Clean Home
Is Clorox Anywhere Hard Surface truly safe to use around cats? I need a good sanitizing product to clean up safely. Thanks.

• Paula K-Paula K- New YorkMember Posts: 2,244
    edited 6 February, 2015
    Does it have bleach in it? That probably wouldn't be safe if it's on a surface the cats walk on. There are some great pet websites that have lists of safe cleaners or ways to use safe household products to clean (i.e. white vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, etc.)
  • Nadia K- WattsNadia K- Watts WaterlooMember Posts: 1,340
    edited 7 February, 2015
    I use Norwex antibacterial cloths to clean my entire house, including raw food spills where the cats eat. All of their products are chemical-free and most clean with just water so there is no risk for you or your cats. I switched to Norwex because my cats were drinking out of the bathroom tap and I wanted to ensure it was a safe place for them. This was there is also nothing for them to get into and possibly spill.
  • kayla claytonkayla clayton Member Posts: 11
    edited 29 March, 2015
    I wouldn't trust products like that. Plain vinegar and water will get the job done. The vinegar also absorbs cat urine smells.
  • Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 30 March, 2015
    Chlorine is toxic, but it does evaporate quickly, even faster than water. If the surface is completely dry, it shouldn't pose a danger. Of course the approach to use completely non-toxic products in the first place never hurts! =;
  • Sara BadaraccoSara Badaracco Member Posts: 47
    edited 1 April, 2015
    Vinegar is great to use for sanitizing surfaces. It's non-toxic, and the cats hate the smell so they stay out of my hair while I'm cleaning lol :)