Indoor Cat Problem

Carol Ann SciclunaCarol Ann Scicluna Member Posts: 4
edited 23 May, 2015 in Behavior & Training
Hi! I am new to the community and have a cat Twinkle who is indoor only. I am nervous since I live in a city and don't want her to get lost. I have heard of a bunch of pet trackers but wanted to see people's opinion before purchase. My friend told me about Iotera and a new tracker they came out with that works for miles. Anyone have any info? Thank you :)

• Paula K-Paula K- New YorkMember Posts: 2,244
    edited 20 May, 2015
    She should be microchipped and kept inside. Outdoors is too dangerous for cats, especially in a city.
  • Carol Ann SciclunaCarol Ann Scicluna Member Posts: 4
    edited 21 May, 2015
    She is microchipped i am more nervous about her getting loose somehow. I just pre ordered the iota and hope that will put my mind at ease. Thank you
  • Mila LongMila Long Member Posts: 9
    edited 23 May, 2015
    Hi, I completely understand your anxiety, I live in the city and when I first adopted Mila was worried she would escape too even though shes chipped, initially I did have to be cautious, but I found with time and a little training she soon learned when I wanted her to stay. The most important thing I found is to make sure as a house cat they have plenty to stimulate them and keep them occupied so they wont be tempted to make a break for it at every given opportunity, I also advise guests as soon as they arrive to make sure Mila is tucked away before opening the front door, just incase. I considered getting her a tag with my number on it, but I cant even get her to wear a collar so that idea was out! I've had Mila 18 mnths now and I've never had an issue, I can even have the windows open on a hot day to get some air in with supervision of course! Best of luck! :)