My 1 year old is being mean to her new baby kitty sister!

My family recently welcomed a new kitten into our family, her name is Callie and she is approximately 4 months old. Now, it took Brooklyn about two weeks to get friendly with Callie and they were INSEPARABLE after that. Now? Brooklyn hisses, slaps, and runs after Callie for anything and everything. What could be wrong? Is it because Callie isn't spayed yet? Callie is terrified of Brooklyn now and is very hesitant to walk by her and when Brooklyn gets to her, she becomes immobilized. It's frustrating. I want them to act like sisters again. :((

Comments

• Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / Chicago ✭✭✭
    edited 8 June, 2015
    It could be partly because she isn't spayed yet if she's approaching puberty. It's probably time to get her scheduled with the vet. It is pretty normal, though, for cats to have some scuffles while they're establishing hierarchy and territory. As long as they're not injuring each other, it should be okay to let them work it out themselves. Good luck! Keep us posted! |:|