Help with IMEEM music

Charity JonesCharity Jones Valencia, San Fernando Valley,Member Posts: 423
edited 13 April, 2007 in New to Catster/Tips & Tricks
Mom & I are having quite a dilemma! We signed up with the site, Imeem, to host music on our pages. However, even though the songs are on our pages now, they won't start automatically. We did click the "auto start" box next to the code (thanks, Mercy!), but they still won't auto play! HELP! Any suggestions????:-k

Comments

• Deb O'NeillDeb O'Neill PerkasieMember Posts: 8,659
    edited 12 April, 2007
    The only thing I can suggest is getting the code again and reposting. Maybe it's some kind of glitch? Good luck, wish I knew more...
  • Renee WatsonRenee Watson Member Posts: 563 ✭✭
    edited 12 April, 2007
    We are having the same problem, but with just one out of 4 pages?? The song was on auto play and worked fine for the past month. Now all the sudden today, ka-put! I tried deleating and re-loading to no avail! If anyone figures this out, let us know what\'s up! >^..^
  • Charity JonesCharity Jones Valencia, San Fernando Valley,Member Posts: 423
    edited 12 April, 2007
    Isaac, same thing here! I reposted all the songs on all our kitty pages, but still no autoplay...:-/ Someone HELP!
  • Lindsay RoweLindsay Rowe ArcticMember Posts: 1,776
    edited 13 April, 2007
    We're having that problem now too, but we've been using IMEEM for quite some time with no trouble. Hopefully it's something going on with their server and by tomorrow everything will be fine.
  • Ellen KenneyEllen Kenney Stuart / Saint Lucie areaMember Posts: 8,240
    edited 13 April, 2007
    Hi! My dog sister, Lady Bug, posted the answer in another thread at Dogster. Here's the thread. Or, here's her post: "Nope; they didn't. imeem's auto-play feature doesn't work for me. I have to change the code. Change the false's in the code to true's. For example: <object width="300" height="80"><param name="movie" value="http://media.imeem.com/m/0a48O3yIl0/aus=false/">< ;/param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://media.imeem.com/m/0a48O3yIl0/aus=false/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="300" height="80" wmode="transparent"></embed></object> would instead be <object width="300" height="80"><param name="movie" value="http://media.imeem.com/m/0a48O3yIl0/aus=true/">< /param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://media.imeem.com/m/0a48O3yIl0/aus=true/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="300" height="80" wmode="transparent"></embed></object> That should do the trick. :] Hope this helps! Lady Bug"
  • Wendy Kate CasanoWendy Kate Casano Long IslandMember Posts: 249
    edited 13 April, 2007
    I was having some problems with IMEEM music too last week. It suddenly wouldn\'t play anymore..... then it would play but very delayed start. Seems to be back to normal now so I\'m guessing it was a glitch there.
  • CalvinCalvin ScottsdaleMember Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭
    edited 13 April, 2007
    We noticed that yesterday the music wouldn't automatically play when we changed out songs. We compared it to a song on my siblings' page and noticed that new code had been added. You can either change the code to true as King Milo mentioned above, or we just deleted /aus = false / and then it worked fine.

The Cats in the Clover
    Samoa, Calvin, Violet, Gleek, Spunky, Sugar, Vivien, Newman, & Inky

• Charity JonesCharity Jones Valencia, San Fernando Valley,Member Posts: 423
    edited 13 April, 2007
    Thank you all for your help! We're gonna try to change the code right now & see what happens!:D
  • Lindsay RoweLindsay Rowe ArcticMember Posts: 1,776
    edited 13 April, 2007
    It WORKED!!!!!! Thanks a million, you guys are the best. =D>