what is a Grey Tiger? Thats what my stray is and i don't if itsa tabby or bengal

My stray is a Grey tiger! But is it a tabby or bengal? We also have babies now, but we idk what they are and if its his.

Best Answers

• Ashley RovereAshley Rovere HoustonMember Posts: 23
    Accepted Answer
    A sure way to tell if your cat is a Bengal, if you're willing to do it...is shave their tummy and see if there are dark spots on its skin like on its fur...true Bengals have spotted skin!
  • Rachel RobinsonRachel Robinson Bay ViewMember Posts: 1,169
    Accepted Answer
    There are two kinds of tabbies...one is called herringbone which is stripes across the cat's back from side to side. It will probably have a dark stripe down it's back and onto the tail. It will have stripes around the tail and each leg, too. The other kind is the classic tabby...this kind has round swirls on it's sides. It is more unusual to find a classic tabby unless it is a pedigreed cat. The gray tiger will have a gray background with black or darker gray stripes. I believe the Bengal is a pedigreed cat and has spots instead of stripes. On occasion, the herringbone tabby will have stripes that break up into spots near the bottom of each side, but that is not a Bengal. Hope this helps!