How long is a cat pregnant for?

Tina FurlotteTina Furlotte TorontoMember Posts: 1,273
I need to know, are they pregnant for the same length of time as a dog 60 days?. I am fostering a pregnant cat for the first time until she and her babies are old enough to get adopted. Ty in advance Tina

Best Answers

• Ash SavAsh Sav MonctonMember Posts: 25
    Accepted Answer
    Ok well my cat had kittens last week and all the answers I found were 60-63 or 60-70. This seems like a good ball park however my cat was pregnant longer (unless I greatly miscalculated) so I wouldnt be scared I think it would be hard to tell how pregnant she is without bringing her to the vet if you have only just taken her in Hope this helped Ashley and Kitty
  • Cat Ladies SocietyCat Ladies Society Struthers, OhioMember Posts: 9
    Accepted Answer
    Cats are pregnant approximately two months. Even if the shelter had a vet check her out before giving her to you, they probably wouldn't have been able to give you an accurate amount of time. Cats are notoriously hard to judge how pregnant they are. They practically go from skinny to blimp-like overnight. Maria http://www.CatLadiesSociety.com