Pootchy has a bald ear can you help?

Carrie-Ann YaunCarrie-Ann Yaun MontrealMember Posts: 1
Pootchy is an indoor cat and has a bald spot on the outside of his right ear, there is also what looks like a scab. When I looked at his ear and just rubbed his ear very lightly I could see that his fur was coming off his ear. Pootchy does not seem to be in any pain but I want to know what I can do so this problem can go away.and Pootchy's fur can grow back so no more bald spots can you help?

Best Answer

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Is Pootchy scratching? If so, the you need to check him over for fleas. If there is a scab, then it might be wise to take him to the vet's to rule out ringworm which is highly contagious to you and any other pets you migh have. He may also be stressed out if anything has changed in your house recently and scratching because of that. But if he is losing fur then he needs to go to the doctor. There is no "home remedy" for this. He needs to be diagnosed by a professional who can examine him to see what's wrong.