American Shorthair or Domestic Shorthair?

Best Answers

• Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    Accepted Answer
    If you have to ask, you are a domestic short hair, aka generic shorthaired cat. You may be American, you may be shorthaired, but the American Shorthair is a pedigreed breed. Yes, purebreds do end up in rescues, but without a pedigree, you are a domestic short hair. The American Shorthair has a distinctive look that is subtly different from your ususual moggy. Post a photo and we will try again.
  • Lindsay ColbertLindsay Colbert ZionMember Posts: 376
    Accepted Answer
    I would say Domestic Shorthair as well- a real cat's cat without any of that silly fancy-shmancy paperwork stuff. You are also SUPER CUTE and doing a wonderfully classy sitting-up-like-a-person pose, so you should definitely have a Catster profile to share more pictures of your adorable self with the world! Don't get hung up about not having a particular special breed- most cats are domestics and all the fancy breeds of cats can be traced back through the generations to people finding a naturally bred cat and going, "Ouu- she's neat, I wonder if she had kittens with this other cool cat I found would they be just as neat?"