my cat has a serious fractured backbone

Hi I found a 1year old cat with a fracture backbone on the 4th lomb(x-rayed). The vet thinks it is too late to help her. She received nerve supplement injection but did not help. She started getting paralysed on her hind legs 10days ago and having difficulty to pee/poo. I tried to express her bladder, as she is developing urine burn. As i have no earlier experience and busa(cat) is having pain when i express her bladder,please advice so i can give her the best possible life.Thanks

Best Answers

• Sandy NenningerSandy Nenninger PlainvilleMember Posts: 1,975
    Accepted Answer
    Poor kitty! It is wonderful that you want to help her but if even the vet doesn't think there is anything they can do, it doesn't sound like she has any quality of life whatsoever. It really sounds like the kindest and most humane thing that you could do for her would be to have the vet end her pain and suffering.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Allie is right. Your intentions are very noble but there comes a time when we have to question, as Allie says, whether this kitty has any kind of life. She may live for a week or linger for a month. She is in pain, and although you want to help her and for her to get better, the professionals have already told you it's too late. Although you hope for a miracle recovery for this baby, it's not going to happen. She is most likely in horrific pain and if she could talk, she's ask you to send her to the Rainbow Bridge and put her out of her misery. I did animal rescue for years, and I came to realize that the true Animal Heroes are the ones who knew when to let go. You need to be a hero and let her go. That's the kindest thing you can do for her. Purrs...