My cat has stopped eating and I do not have enough money for a vet, any possible suggestions?

Member Posts: 2
My 4 year old chunkyish female cat threw up a LOT 2 days in a row, for the last 3 days after she's stopped eating or drinking. I wish I could take her to the vet but unfortunately I have no way of getting up enough money right now. Her symptoms are: -Dry nose -lathargic (depressed, not moving much; normally is very active) -mild fever ( checked her tempature rectally) - vomiting fluids -not using the liter box as frequently -stopped eating -stopped drinking I've tried: -using a mouth medicine surenge to give her water -using a mouth medicine surenge to give her milk -using a mouth medicine surenge to give her Pedialyte ( as told via phone by a vet for vomiting) -gave her Nutri-Cal paste (Vet recommended vitamin paste for 'energizing for picky-eaters') -Pro-Pet Bladder Care paste I've been told by vets it could either be posioning or a bad bladder infection. What do you all think it could be? And what more should I do? Today she willing drank water on her on but no other progess.

Best Answers

• Leanne FroebelLeanne Froebel Member Posts: 1,730
    Accepted Answer
    Sorry, but we are not vets here - only people who love cats. Your cat is very sick and needs to see a vet ASAP. See if your vet will work out a payment plan with you. You can also apply for Care Credit www.carecredit.com It works like a credit card, but as long as you make the payments on time as agreed, it's intrest-free. Cats can develop a life-threatening liver condition if they stop eating for more than 24 hours. Most vets are not going to want to turn away a sick pet. I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but your cat needs to see a vet. You are responsible for her, and she's counting on you. Hope she feels better soon.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Linus is right. Even if we were a vet and with your list of symptoms, there's no way we could diagnose your kitty over a computer or provide medication for her. Please don't give her cow's milk as that will contribute to her stomach upset. Poisoning or a bladder infection requires immediate vet care. Everone has financial difficulties now and vets are used to working with their patients on payments. I've never heard of a vet who will turn away a sick cat, either, just because the owner couldn't pay. We hope she gets the care she needs and feels better real soon!