My cat has stopped eating and I do not have enough money for a vet, any possible suggestions?

 Member Posts: 2
My 4 year old chunkyish female cat threw up a LOT 2 days in a row, for the last 3 days after she's stopped eating or drinking. I wish I could take her to the vet but unfortunately I have no way of getting up enough money right now. Her symptoms are: -Dry nose -lathargic (depressed, not moving much; normally is very active) -mild fever ( checked her tempature rectally) - vomiting fluids -not using the liter box as frequently -stopped eating -stopped drinking I've tried: -using a mouth medicine surenge to give her water -using a mouth medicine surenge to give her milk -using a mouth medicine surenge to give her Pedialyte ( as told via phone by a vet for vomiting) -gave her Nutri-Cal paste (Vet recommended vitamin paste for 'energizing for picky-eaters') -Pro-Pet Bladder Care paste I've been told by vets it could either be posioning or a bad bladder infection. What do you all think it could be? And what more should I do? Today she willing drank water on her on but no other progess.

Best Answers

  • Leanne FroebelLeanne Froebel Member Posts: 1,730
    Accepted Answer
    Sorry, but we are not vets here - only people who love cats. Your cat is very sick and needs to see a vet ASAP. See if your vet will work out a payment plan with you. You can also apply for Care Credit www.carecredit.com It works like a credit card, but as long as you make the payments on time as agreed, it's intrest-free. Cats can develop a life-threatening liver condition if they stop eating for more than 24 hours. Most vets are not going to want to turn away a sick pet. I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but your cat needs to see a vet. You are responsible for her, and she's counting on you. Hope she feels better soon.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Linus is right. Even if we were a vet and with your list of symptoms, there's no way we could diagnose your kitty over a computer or provide medication for her. Please don't give her cow's milk as that will contribute to her stomach upset. Poisoning or a bladder infection requires immediate vet care. Everone has financial difficulties now and vets are used to working with their patients on payments. I've never heard of a vet who will turn away a sick cat, either, just because the owner couldn't pay. We hope she gets the care she needs and feels better real soon!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Welcome to the new Catster Community!

Introduce the community to your pet with our Pet Profiles and discover how to use the new community with our Getting Started pages!


Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!