Hi I have a cat that ended up having tapeworms..I discovered this when she threw one up..I took her

Hi I have a cat that ended up having tapeworms..I discovered this when she threw one up..I took her to the vet and he gave her a pill for tapeworms...she seems much better although she is STILL HACKING AND COUGHING.it's like it's stuck in her throat or something....even if the pill killed the tapeworm is it possible it's still in her attached to her stomach and is just stuck in her throat....

Best Answer

• Cindi LeonardCindi Leonard Plantation, Fla.Member Posts: 1,670
    Accepted Answer
    Hello, the pill should have dissolved by now. It may have irritated her throat in the process, however. Ensure that she is drinking plenty of water- add another water bowl on the opposite side of the home. You can also supplement with Nutri-cal or grass gel, which will soothe her throat. There is a possibility that she acquired a different kind of illness from going to the vet. My older cat once got a cold at the vet's office, and he needed medicine (clavamox) to rid himself of it. If a month has passed and you think she's still sick, bring her in for another visit, saying that you believe that she caught a cold (upper respiratory infection) during the deworming process, and you'd like for him or her to look at your kitty again. ^_^