Why is my 4 year old cat suddenly so affectionate?

I adopted Apricot & Spice from a local shelter 2.5 yrs ago. The first 3 months I had them my charismatic cat Apricot was unbelievably affectionate, always sleeping in the bed with me and purring, etc. 3 months after I got them I had to give them both antibiotics for 10 days. Apricot looked reproachful & shocked butThe other kitty, spice, wasn't too concerned. Right after the antibiotic round, Apricot changed. She was still affectionate, but never near my bed, when I came home at night she would cuddle, but bolted immediately if we were in my bedroom. Last week (2 yrs later) I took care of 3 neighbor cats for 10 days in a neighboring house. Apricot suddenly changed abruptly into the affectionate cat she was 2 years before, hanging out in bed, just as if the 2 year aloof period never happened. My cat Spice has been consistently affectionate these two years. Any thoughts as to the mystery of this sudden change in Apricot turning back into a lover from an aloof kitty? Thanks!!!

Best Answer

• Araya BishirAraya Bishir St. Cloud
    Accepted Answer
    They thought they were gonna be replaced. "Don't give them attention, we were here first" they say! Cats can be funny that way. Enjoy it while it lasts. Lol