My cat barely notices me! How do I gain his attention?

Sam GoodwinSam Goodwin ParsonsMember Posts: 4
Nightstar barely notices me. The only time he jumps in my lap is when I have treats. He doesn't even sit by me! How can I change this?

Best Answer

• BambergcatBambergcat Member Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    O.K. He responds to treats...good. I don't how long you have had him. Be patient, it takes some cats some time to be comfortable. Most of mine were kittens when I got them so they were super friendly. The only one that wasn't was my Natasha. She was about one year. At the rescue, her paw came out to touch us and she wanted to groom us a lot. She had just lost all of her kittens. ..Now, call to Nightstar when you come home and have a treat when he sees you. Make it a custom thing to do when you get home. Be patient and he will come around...

Comments

• Olivia NelsonOlivia Nelson Member Posts: 1
    Cats are not like dos if they trust you they look away so try not to stare at them also if your cat rolls over and displays their belly DO NOT RUB because if they can trust you with their tummy but you pet them they will remember, hope that helps