cat food from Thailand

denise dabatodenise dabato Member Posts: 3
A while back I watched a documentary about Thai fishermen and the horrific situation this third world country is in. These poor people sometimes go out to sea in a very small boat and catch whatever they can to sell. Long story short the interview guy caught them on camera putting the fish in formaldehyde to preserve them. When he explained that was toxic, they said "don't speak english". Anyhow, I've since been careful about the seafood I purchased but noticed that many brands of cat food are produced in Thailand.
Does any one else think I should be concerned or am I over reacting? I've tried to stop buying the cans I know are produced in Thailand but unfortunately they happen to be my cats' favorites. 

Comments

• TwinkleTwinkle BirminghamMember Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭
    Yes you should be concerned. We all should be very picky & careful about what we feed our cats. Before Twinkle's kidneys started going bad on her & she has to be on a special diet, I was picky as heck about what I fed her. I looked for food that had meat as the first ingredient & stayed away from anything with by-products & corn & wheat gluten & junk like that. I fed her foods that were made in the US & high quality.