HAIRBALLS

johnEpizzinijohnEpizzini Member Posts: 2
My cat has long fur and I recently had to take him to the vet because he hadn't eaten anything in 2 days and he was vomiting a lot, but no hair was coming up. This just happened and the vet pumped him full of liquids, causing him to vomit at least 4 or 5 times when we got home. Three of those times, a very small amount of fur came up and today, exactly one week since he stopped eating, he finally ate, but only about 1/8 the amount of food that he usually consumes. So I'm not sure if we're out of the woods yet, or not. So can anyone tell me if I can have his fur shaved by a professional groomer, since it seems to be a potential threat to his life, or will shaving his fur **** him up somehow?

Comments

• TwinkleTwinkle BirminghamMember Posts: 10,605 ✭✭✭
    I have long fur. I get matted sometimes & I have to be shaved. I hate it, but sometimes it's a necessary evil. I think your cat needs x-rays to see what's going on inside. If there's a huge hairball or another kind of blockage, it'll show on the x-ray. Your cat may have swallowed something he shouldn't have. The problem may not be hairballs. I highly advise getting x-rays done.