Rudeness

Hazel_LucyHazel_Lucy Purrsville ✭✭✭
edited 6 August, 2010 in Catster Diaries
Here is what Topper, the DDP for March 2nd wrote after receiving concats and friend requests. We think it's slightly rude: I need to address one thing. I've noticed that cats and kittens send friend requests to other cats who are either the Cat of the Day or, now, Diary of the Day. Although I do appreciate the requests, Mickey wishes to only add cats that we know from other places (on and offline). If you would please send a note as to how you know either myself, Munchkin or Mickey, it would be greatly appreciated. If you do not, then your friend request will be declined immediately. Nothing personal, it's just that Mickey wants it that way.

Comments

• edited 2 March, 2009
    I don't think that's rude. I don't care about adding people on catster I dont know but other sites if I don't know you, I won't add y ou. Too each their own. That def. was not rude though
  • Hazel_LucyHazel_Lucy Purrsville ✭✭✭
    edited 3 March, 2009
    Other sites are nothing like Catster. It was harshly worded. Period.
  • Cheryl RunyonCheryl Runyon Pawrump
    edited 3 March, 2009
    I agree with you HL, this was worded plain rude. It prompted me to check out all of his tons of diary entries which span back for over one year. It's obvious this person just threw one picture of a cat on a page so he could join Catsters and use it as a personal Blog to write his movie reviews. In only one entry does he even mention his cat, other than the entry from March 1, 2008 posted below: ~START:~ You have got to be kidding me?? March 1st 2008 5:08 am [link to this entry] For the third time since I've joined, my diary has been picked as a Diary of the Day. I can't believe it! LOL What am I doing right? Mickey wants to know because nobody reads/responds to his own reviews over on his MySpace, World of Star Wars (powered by Yahoo) and Yahoo 360 blogs ~END~ The last statement says his true intentions for being on Catsters. And it is not because he loves cats and wants to be a part of the Catster Community. I don't think he understands that nobody reads his 'personal' Blog here on Catsters either, he just has been randomly chosen for diary entries which leads him to believe many are. And from what I could find, he's never been chosen as Cat Of The Day like he claims he has been three times now. He has been randomly chosen as diary picks. I agree with another Catster however that there might be some 'condition' this guy has. If that's the case, his diary entries and his belief that many are reading them are very important to him. I don't believe he belongs on Catsters, but I wouldn't want to see him kicked off if it's seriously going to rock his fragile world. :( Topper the cat, I wish we could read more about you cute kitty and see many more pictures of you. You look handsome in your 'one' photo. ;) Purrs, Lil' Muppet
    edited 3 March, 2009
    I read one entry and it had nothing to do with cats or catster, why bother to read anymore? Doesn't belong here. Not good writing anyhow.
  • Faye DufourFaye Dufour Destrehan, LA/New Orleans area
    edited 3 March, 2009
    Hazel Lucy I must agree with you. We have gotten paw mails from cats we did not know, usually because of our names, or they may be from the New Orleans area as well. This was rather "harsh" wording makes is sound like "If I don't know you, don't want to know you". If this were Facebook, etc. we could understand, but on CATSER you are safe from "strangers", and if you feel uncomfortable about accepting a Friend Request, you can ignore it. We always respond, and if it is a Friends Request, accept it. After all, it is not as if someone has your personal e-mail or something. Since we have been on CATSTER we have met so many great cats and their people. Everyone has been welcoming and friendly. On another topic, have you ever heard from Barnaby, Willow and TomTom? I think the last time we got a paw mail was back in August when Charmaine joined our family. Hope all is well with them.
    edited 3 March, 2009
    I never heard back from them either by pmail or his email. So sad when they disappear without a word.... Such beautiful cats.
  • Lori MalmLori Malm San Francisco
    edited 3 March, 2009
    :-h Hey Everyfur! This is a friendly reminder that Forum posts should never be used to convey any statements that are not fun, friendly or helpful. It\'s OK to talk respectfully about other Community members, but posts should never contain disrespectful content about other members of the Catster Community. Catster HQ
  • Lori MalmLori Malm San Francisco
    edited 3 March, 2009
    Hi,

We have closed this thread. Threads can be closed temporarily or permanently for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common reasons are: the thread has gone off topic; the thread is not in the 'spirit' of Catster; the thread is no longer fun, friendly or informational; the thread has been discussed at length in other threads; or we cannot provide adequate moderation at this time.

Please let HQ know if you have any questions.

HQ