what brand of food do you eat?

jenniecarra andriesjenniecarra andries baton rougeMember Posts: 676
edited 30 May, 2005 in Food & Nutrition
i eat meow mix indoor formula

Comments

• Lynzie BaldwinLynzie Baldwin Los AngelesMember Posts: 660
    edited 27 February, 2006
    We eat a holistic dry cat food that Mom gets at Trader Joe's. Mom doesn't want us eating anything that's not organic ('cause of pesticides and stuff) and we both do really well on this food. Topaz and I used to eat Iams, but even before Mom got the chance to decide to quit buying it, we both decided to stop eating it. And we weren't kidding! All of a sudden, Topaz and I would both eat the dog's kibble before we'd touch our Iams cat food. So, the switch occurred, and we're happy now. :)
  • Bonnie ComarBonnie Comar AuroraMember Posts: 30
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Muffin and I eat Science Diet dry food for sensitive skin with Feline Missing Link powder sprinkled on it. We really like it. But once in a while mom gives us a human treat, like chicken or salmon.
  • Charlene DitnerCharlene Ditner FormosaMember Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    We eat Cat Chow Advanced Nutrition. Both of us have tried other kinds but we like it the best. Once a week mom gives us Fancy Feast for a treat.
  • jenniecarra andriesjenniecarra andries baton rougeMember Posts: 676
    edited 27 February, 2006
    mommy sprinkles some juice plus for cats powder on my food. it has the stuff that cats need in their diet. there is also juice plus for dogs and for people too. do a google search on it . it works great.
  • Michelle ConnerMichelle Conner Member Posts: 11
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My Mommy & Daddy took me off of Purina and Iams just a couple weeks ago. I switched to Nutro Natural Choice for alot of different reasons. They switched everything....kibble, pouch food, and treats. I REALLY like my new food, as a matter of fact I tried to tear into my new bag of kibble when they brought it in the door! I didn't even want it mixed with my old food because I'd pick all the Nutro out and eat it instead.
  • Cheryl SimsCheryl Sims DallasMember Posts: 869
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Purine ONE Weight Management Turkey. I used to be a little chunky. After I was on this for a while I cut down on how much I was vomiting. It used to be at least 3-4 times a week, now it's 2-3 times a month.
  • Cyndi HorstmanshofCyndi Horstmanshof Spring HillMember Posts: 14,041 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My mom has me on a special diet for urinary blockages. I eat something called UR that mom gets at the vet. I also eat Friskies special diet. My brother and sister eat my food and also regular Friskies canned. Mom says I'm lucky I don't like their food b/c it's not so good for me.
  • Stuart AsbelStuart Asbel The Shellies Memorial Home forMember Posts: 3,367
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Nora and I eat Innova lite dry. It's got lots of different protein sources that we cats need, and is low in magnesium. Too much magnesium is bad for the kidneys and urinary tract. Its got cranberries in it too to fight urinary tract infection, and is just plain yummy. We tried Chicken Soup for Cat Lovers but we didn't like it.
  • Sally WrightSally Wright DenverMember Posts: 130 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I eat Innova Evo. Mom just switched me to that from the regular Innova about a week or so ago and I absolutely LOVE it! yum, yum! It doesn't have any grains in it (ick!) and it's as close to raw as you can get without going raw. *blush* I don't even have to use the litterbox as much as I did with the regular Innova. YAY!
  • Amanda WileyAmanda Wiley Member Posts: 21
    edited 27 February, 2006
    We also choose to eat our doggie friends food over some brands of cat food. Our mommy found dry food Wellness Salmon and Turkey and we love it, and all of the wellness canned flavors. We also like Natural crunchy cat treats, by the same company. We love the taste and moomy loves the fact that in is all natural with no added bad stuff.
  • Libby BreenLibby Breen WatertownMember Posts: 17
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I eat Puss and Boots cat food. Sometimes Mom puts tuna fish juice on it. And sometimes real bits of tuna. YumYum You should try it. Quite a treat.
  • Lauren DooleyLauren Dooley RichmondMember Posts: 74
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I eat purina cat chow. When my mom rescued me and took me to the vet, she got a huge free sample of purina kitten food and I did well on it, so she decided to keep me on it. Mom says she is thinking about switching to an organic dry food, as grandma's dogs eat organic food.
  • Christina WilsonChristina Wilson Carson city/Dayton, NevadaMember Posts: 924
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I eat Purina Kitten Chow...before that I was eating IAMS but momma heard they were bad with testing bad sstuff on animals so she switches me and Ilove kitten chow better ...sometimes i get tuna or milk too HEHE (shhh)
  • Sarah MinerSarah Miner MaplewoodMember Posts: 3,790
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I eat Eukanuba indoor formula and boy do I LOVE it.
  • Wendy WardWendy Ward TorontoMember Posts: 84
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Only Newman's Organic, dry kibble. My fav. Also Innova dry. Both are great. Hey, Cupid - don't eat or drink too much tuna, sonny boy! You might end up with bladder stones! We kitties love people tuna from a can but it plays havoc with our bladders...
  • Lara HestingLara Hesting Roy/TacomaMember Posts: 405
    edited 27 February, 2006
    We eat Feline Caviar (I think it's chicken and salmon). My brother and I are 1/2 siamese and I personally have the digestive system of a siamese, so I used to throw up a lot, even on Royal Canin siamese blend. Then mom put us on this food. Not only do we need to eat less, but our litter box can go twice as long before needing to be totally cleaned out! And even our coats got thicker and softer along with the fact that we went through another growth spurt at 1 year!!! The only thing my mom doesn't like in the food is the Corn Gluten Meal. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  • Kirk IrthumKirk Irthum BrooklynMember Posts: 31
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I loved ANY Whiskas foods especially Homestyle pouches or an occaisonal can of Fancy Feast shredded turkey. Since my struvite surgery, I only can have Hills' prescription diet. It's good, but I still miss my old favs !!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My mom gets me Puss and Boots. It is good especially when she adds special treats like tuna in it. Yum......
  • Jessica DoeringJessica Doering PhoenixMember Posts: 35
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Me & Stitch eat Whiskas. We have Whiskas wet food too, but we never get that.. it's like a very special treat. Stitch doesn't eat hers though, but I'll gladly eat it for her. yum
  • Wendy WardWendy Ward TorontoMember Posts: 84
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi Tinkerbell...your mom could try Newman's Organic (dry or tins). Their food contains NO corn whatsoever. Very digestible, less poop to scoop, etc. I'm feeling very healthy (I was a Royal Canin user previously too).
  • Nadia HamannNadia Hamann NanaimoMember Posts: 17
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I eat Kitten Chow with canned food mixed with it...mmmm... big brother Marty eats food for fat cats...Don't tell him though, he thinks it's the regular stuff...I don't like the taste but I eat it when he's eating just becuase I'm curious and I want what he has...hehehe
  • Sally WrightSally Wright DenverMember Posts: 130 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Tinkerbell, I eat Innova (either regular or Evo, I like both!) and it doesn't have any corn in it. I've heard that Newman's Own is a good food too. My mom made me a page that has several other good foods on it so that I can show other kitties what's available, since not every food is available every where. http://hometown.aol.com/kenyapurrz4me/page1.html
  • Katy MKaty M LondonMember Posts: 7
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I eat anything that's put in front of me. However, my human buys Olli, which is a much better brand of cat biscuits as meat is the first ingredient. Many cat biscuits are nothing but filler (being carnivores we need meat, not corn), chemicals, euthanized animals with flea collars still on. . . For wet food I consume this stuff called Felix As Good As It Gets. My human is on the lookout for better quality food, but finding such brands in tough in the UK.
  • Sapphire DarkmoonSapphire Darkmoon TelfordMember Posts: 77
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I'm fussy. My food keeps changing! At the moment i'm wiht Felix. Yummy.
  • Emily BoothEmily Booth Pittsburgh/ West MifflinMember Posts: 25
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Right now we get a mixture of Nutro Max, Nutro Natural Choice, and Innova Evo for dry food. We also get a variety of canned cat food and sometimes canned sardines in water or salmon. My mom also likes to give us raw sometimes, but we don't all like it so much. She gives us raw fish and chicken and turkey. My favorite is the turkey and sometimes the fish. I'm very picky and used to the dry food. The dogs eat lots of raw food and my mom tells me that we should too cause its better for us. It's just still too weird to me right now.
  • Miss AnnaMiss Anna Member Posts: 8
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I like Fancy Feast dry and canned. But I eat Meow Mix packets too. Also, I love Chicken Soup brand, but momma hasn't bought me some more yet.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I have tried the Fancy Feast. Yuck! I don\'t like wet food, just the dry. Once in a while, Mom will get me temptations--they are simply yummy.
  • Rachel FlanaganRachel Flanagan baltimoreMember Posts: 40
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I\'m a really picky eater, just like my mommy. I started out eating Purina kitten chow but when i got older mommy bought me that purina indoor cat stuff. I liked it but i got tired of it and she tried me on Science Diet Nature\'s Best Chicken flavor and I love it! Mommy always wants to try me on some real organic food but she and i are both scared of her wasting money on it and me not liking it! i also get treated to real bumble bee tuna fish YUM! and fancy feast canned tuna...but it\'s not as good as the real thing. when i get taken to the vets they tell me i\'m a little overweight...but they seem happy with the food choices she gives me so we say i\'m just fluffy not chubby!
  • Carissa DuttonCarissa Dutton New Westminster / Burnaby / VaMember Posts: 122
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I eat Hill's Prescription C/D food. And my sister eats Royal Canin Slim 38. Sometimes we get a package of raw food, boy is that a treat, but we don't get any kibble when we get raw food.
  • Nancy RNancy R Member Posts: 63
    edited 27 February, 2006
    We eat Nutro indoor cat food. My dad used to give us Iams but mommy said that it's not as good as it used to be. She gives us Nutro wet packets too. I love those. We all fight over the bowl when mommy gives it to us.