Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

what brand of food do you eat?

Comments

• Tammy AlexanderTammy Alexander Member Posts: 17
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Science Diet hairball control, indoor formula, & nature's best.
  • Tammy AlexanderTammy Alexander Member Posts: 17
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Science Diet hairball control, indoor formula, & nature's best.
  • lynn spicerlynn spicer marysvilleMember Posts: 271
    edited 27 February, 2006
    We love Science Diet Hairball control. Mom also gives us some Fancy Feast moist every morning -- but the three of us split one can so it's not like we're getting a lot. I could definitely have a whole can myself but no....Carmen & Calvin love to eat lettuce and spinach leaves ~ Gross! That's a bit too healthy for my taste. And we've never been ones to turn down some tuna! Dextro Jeebs :-)
  • Sara HixonSara Hixon LeedsMember Posts: 5
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I don't recognise the names of some of your US food, but they sound yummy. We can't get them in the UK. I eat Felix Seni0r jelly chunks in foils. I also like the Sheba terrine foils. I have Little Friskies Senior crunchies, but have gone off those now so Mummy will have to get me some something else. She's been told Hills Science Diet is good, but she doesn't want to buy a big bag because I am v-e-r-y fussy and will probably decide not to eat it! I also love tuna in springwater, and fresh uncooked turkey steak.
  • Beth TheveBeth Theve ColumbusMember Posts: 27
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I really liked Meow Mix kitten food, with a little Purina One Urinary Tract Health mixed in because I tend to have a little issue with getting stopped up...but The Big Lady got tired of people yelling at her about not using a nutricious enough food, so she asked her Vet what the top three foods were they recommend. She said Royal Canin, Eukanuba, and Iams. So now I'm Iams and my PO UTH mixed. Course, half the time my sister is eating like a horse, and she eats all of my food...but there you go. We also get 1/4 of a can each of Iams' wet kitten food (chicken slices in gravy!!) when TBL comes home from work. And when we're really good (or when I have something terrible done, like shots!), we get Cat Milk. MY FAVORITE!
  • Melissa SalinasMelissa Salinas Fort WorthMember Posts: 6
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Some of you eat really fancy food, it sounds like. Personally, I like Special Kitty from Wal-Mart. The blue bag. I like Meow Mix, too. I did NOT like some off brand that The Girl bought me from the local dollar store. So she gave it to someone else who said that her cats enjoyed it. To each their own, I suppose. I don't like tuna juice on my food, though. It makes it soggy and I don't like that one bit.
  • Chantal DrapeauChantal Drapeau MontrealMember Posts: 17
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I love VetDiet, kitten formula. First my mommy had to wet it, because it was too hard for me to chew it. But now I can chew it, and I like it very much.
  • Rachel NosalRachel Nosal LincolnMember Posts: 135
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I was eating Royal Canin's 38 Slim, but since Mom brought Ditto home and found out he was trying to eat my lowfat (HA! As if I need that?!) food she switched me to Royal Canin's Siamese formula. I do sneak some of Ditty's Royal Canin Babycat stuff...MAN, that is soooo good!
  • Melissa EnfieldMelissa Enfield Omaha / Council BluffsMember Posts: 1
    edited 27 February, 2006
    We get either Merrick, Solid Gold or Wellness from a can each morning. Then to finish off the day a little Natural Balance kibble. I\'m the picky one - and I gotta keep my tummy in a nice round shape and well tended to...so only the good stuff! Did ya know that Merrick makes something called \"Southern Delight\"? This is my FAVORITE! It\'s got catfish and crawfish in it. Then there\'s \"California Roll\" - salmon, tuna and crab. Oh, and Wellness has \"Sardines, Shrimp, & Crab\", \"Chicken & Lobster\" and \"Salmon & Trout\". I LOVE seafood! Yum, yum, YUM! Too bad Mom makes us eat beef, chicken and turkey too. Yuck.
  • Ashleigh JonesAshleigh Jones Middle of NowhereMember Posts: 92
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I eat Special Kitty, because I am special! I like Whisker Lickens (a chewy treat) better.
  • KellyMarie ConlonKellyMarie Conlon Woodridge Naperville ChicagoMember Posts: 97
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Just Whole Foods kitty food. It's really tasty, really healthy, and not tested on other furbabies in a bad way! I can't eat all that lovely moist food that most cats can. I'm so jealous of you all!!! It gives me ungodly runny poopoo! Then Mom has to clean it off.. and OOOOO what a hassle! I hate that! =/ Meow and Tuna Treats! JoeJoe
  • Arlene LaPlumeArlene LaPlume CoventryMember Posts: 1,449
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow Meow Mix! *teehee*
  • Jacqueline HolladayJacqueline Holladay MuscatineMember Posts: 76
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I will only eat Special kitty. I never liked Neow Mix or anything else. Not only that but I will only eat the tuna version. Give me nothing else.
  • Rabeka IvieRabeka Ivie Sky ValleyMember Posts: 186
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Mmmm SOLID GOLD!!! Holistic and Hypoallergenic (good for my little allergic sister!), and otherwise tasty!!! Very similar to the Trader Joe's type.
  • Ingrid BaerIngrid Baer Red DeerMember Posts: 149
    edited 27 February, 2006
    At the moment, both me and Buffy are on Innova dry and Merrick's wet (once a week). Mommy had us on California Natural before and isn't happy with the results of Innova right now (we like it, but our bowels don't). Mommy's gonna try Nature's Variety Prairie next and then will go back to California Natural (if Prairie doesn't satisfy her). Mommy says we were meant to be on California Natural, 'cause no other food could make us do better (shiny, silky, soft coats, along with literally no smell from poops).
  • Cathy SmethurstCathy Smethurst Member Posts: 570
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I will only eat Whiskas Meaty Selections.
  • Kari BehrendKari Behrend Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 4
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Me and big brother, Cosmo, both eat Royal Canin Babycat. Soon we'll switch to kitten!
  • Gwen LutgeGwen Lutge El CajonMember Posts: 1,664
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Us three eat "Chicken Soup for the Cat Lovers Soul" brand dry food. Very good stuff!
  • Lindsay PoveromoLindsay Poveromo Winter SpringsMember Posts: 350
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I eat Deli Cat dry food and Nutro Indoor Cat wet food.
  • Shawnee CShawnee C Danville, PAMember Posts: 181
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I am a super picky eater.... When I was first adopted - I didn't eat for about a week. Now I eat Purina One Adult Lamb and Rice formula, and Whiskas sliced beef wet food.
  • jen clarkjen clark StrongsvilleMember Posts: 1,099
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I eat Iams original because I think I am an original. hehe I was on Iams kitten for a few months longer than I should have been and I was starting to turn into a porkchop... now I\'m slimming down. I think, also, it\'s because my roommates are working me out like I\'m going to perform in the circus, or something.
  • jen clarkjen clark StrongsvilleMember Posts: 1,099
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I eat Iams original because I think I am an original. hehe I was on Iams kitten for a few months longer than I should have been and I was starting to turn into a porkchop... now I\'m slimming down. I think, also, it\'s because my roommates are working me out like I\'m going to perform in the circus, or something.
  • Stuart AsbelStuart Asbel The Shellies Memorial Home forMember Posts: 3,367
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Moo Cow and I still eat the Innova lite, but every couple of days we\'re going to get canned Innova with Norwegian cod liver oil squirted on it. We\'ve been getting it on our dry food, but we don\'t eat it very quicly so the oil can go bad. This way we\'ll just gobble it up.
  • April BennettApril Bennett Terre HauteMember Posts: 97
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Normally I eat Meow Mix wet packets and Iams Kitten kibble, but tonight I tried to eat my gerbil sister Ali. (Story in T&O)
  • Jennifer NovakJennifer Novak DC (But my heart is still in BMember Posts: 595
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I used to eat the good stuff...ahhhh...Fancy Feast... And then I got older...and I had...ahem...tummy problems. So the vet put me on this YUUUUUUCCCCKKKKY diet of Venison and Pea. Eww.
  • jenniecarra andriesjenniecarra andries baton rougeMember Posts: 676
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Mommy tried to give me a better quality food for a change called Chicken Soup For The Cat Lovers Soul. I HATED it! Now mommy is stuck with this big container full of the stuff and I wont eat it!!! I only eat the low quality foods. I am now on Kit N Kaboodle. Mommy really wants me on a better food but I resist everything, Mommy wont even try to starve me when I dont want to eat it, because she says it isnt healthy at all!!!
  • Jessica SouthgateJessica Southgate NottinghamMember Posts: 8
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I eat a mix of Nutro and Hilife dry food, which is left down for me to nibble when I get hungry. Three times a day, I eat Hilife pouched food which is at least 60-70% meat, and I think it\'s yummy. I yowl and whine and scream for the plate to be put down because I\'m just STARVING alllllll the time! But what I like the most is REAL meat! I got some raw lamb instead of pouches for two days in a row, and I was so happy and energetic and bouncy mom didn\'t know what to do with me! Eventually, mom is going to feed me raw meat and bones all by itself because it\'s more nutritious and good for my teeth, and waaaay more tasty than that dry kibble stuff!
  • Sari IvaskaSari Ivaska HelsinkiMember Posts: 23
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Me and Kirre, we eat both dry and wet food. What comes to kibbles, My Human always mixes several brands together and gives us a bowl full of James Wellbeloved, Nutro Complete Care, Eukanuba and Royal Canin Oral Sensitive. Boy, it\'s good and I never get bored since the kibbles are all different sizes and they doesn\'t taste alike! Wet food is most of the times Almo Nature or Animonda\'s Vom Feisten and Carny Fisch Menue. As soon as Wellness and Innova comes to my country My human will include them as well to our daily meals! Ps. Click the links to read more about the brands.
  • Nathalie FerreiroNathalie Ferreiro North Orange CountyMember Posts: 24
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Both of us eat Natural Balance. Mom likes it because it's cheaper than the not-so-good and super-expensive foods (like Iams or Science Diet), and it has much better ingredients... stuff that SHE'd want to eat, like duck, carrots and cranberries, instead of fillers, like corn gluten meal or animal byproducts (feet and beaks).
  • Nickie MayNickie May MilwaukeeMember Posts: 22
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I eat Cat Chow Indoor Formula. I like it compared to the old Cat Chow stuff I used to eat. Once a week Mom gives me tuna. I LOVE my tuna :)