what brand of food do you eat?

Comments

• Megan EverettMegan Everett RaleighMember Posts: 24
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My mom has tried everything, starting from Iams, then yummy Meow Mix, then a host of other foods before finally settling on Purina for the whole family. The dog gets adult Purina Dogchow, kittens always get Purina kitten chow, and I and my harem get Purina Indoor formula. Mommy let us try the Indoor formula and the regular Purina stuff, and we ate all of the Indoor formula up and left the rest. She's a lot happier with that food!
  • Lindsay PoveromoLindsay Poveromo Winter SpringsMember Posts: 350
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I eat Deli Cat dry food, and Nutro's indoor cat formula Wet Food.
  • Cassie HucksonCassie Huckson HamiltonMember Posts: 11
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I eat Whiskas. I especially love the wet food! Mommy buys me those as treats sometimes and they are sooo good!
  • Jane HopkeJane Hopke MiddletownMember Posts: 1,033
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I was on Cat Chow Indoor Formula for a while, but Mommy switched me to Science Diet for seniors. Apparently my vet talked to her and said that was best for me. I've noticed that I now shed less, which makes Mommy happier.
  • Alexa RaeAlexa Rae ChristchurchMember Posts: 11
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I eat Nutrience Supreme maintenance plus and Advance chicken. It took my mum a long time to find food that I would eat as no one knew what kind of food I was used to. I love it when she gives me treats too..I get bits of fresh raw chicken breast or steak when mum is cutting it up for the humans dinner and the odd bit of beef mince too
  • Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 27 February, 2006
    ATTENTION! We interrupt this thread for an important announcement! Brought to you by Felix. Through me. Meow there, fellow Catsters... We -- my buddy Jacques and myself -- are trying to help out our friend Sweetie. Sweetie is a delightfully charming cat who loves to play matchmaker...only she hasn't yet found a match for herself. So, to help Sweetie find the cat of her dreams, Jacques and I are hosting the first ever "Cat-lorette." If you're up for the challenge of winning Sweetie's heart, be one of the first 25 cats to sign up in the "Sweetie" thread under Catster crushes. All "rules" will be explained there. There, you'll also have the chance to meet Sweetie, and get a sense of what she's looking for in a crush. Good luck to all, and look forward to meeting you in Sweetie's thread! Meow, Felix
  • Nana ChristopoulouNana Christopoulou KALAMATAMember Posts: 190
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Mommy really wants us to eat the best, in order to be as healthy as can be. She agrees that by-products, meat meals, meat derivatives and fillers are not good for us kitties as they are not good for doggies . Piko and I are on Eagle Pack holistic chicken, and we love it. Mom would love to give us Innova or Innova Evo but it is not sold in Greece...We think Eagle Pack is good enough though. Here are the ingredients : Chicken Meal, Ground Brown Rice, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid), Corn Gluten Meal, Pork Meal*, Chicken, Lamb, Oatmeal, Menhaden Oil, Flaxseed, Sun-Cured Alfalfa Meal, Dried Egg Product, Tomato Pomace, Brewers Dried Yeast, Chicken Liver Meal, Anchovy & Sardine Meal, Air Dried Peas, Carrots, Cheese Meal, Dried Beet Pulp, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Quinoa (Organic), Dried Blueberries, Dehydrated Apples, Sweet Potato, Taurine, Dehydrated Kelp, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Dandelion (organic), Dried Cranberries, Inulin, Beta-Carotene, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Choline Chloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Biotin, Rosemary Extract, Ascorbic Acid, dl-Methionine, Inositol, Polysaccharide Complexes (sequestered) Zinc, Iron, Manganese, Copper and Cobalt, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Carbonate, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Enterococcus faecium, B. Subtillus, Bacillus lichenformis, Bacillus coagulins, Aspergillus oryzae and Aspergillus niger.
  • sabrina lucerosabrina lucero los angelesMember Posts: 4
    edited 27 February, 2006
    well i relly like whiskes food wet or dry. mom also buys kitten kabbudle dry food its okay but whiskes is the best.
  • Tina MillicanTina Millican Pell CityMember Posts: 12,008
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I eat Purina Cat Chow Indoor Formula. Good stuff. Better than that old Friskies Momma was buying me before. Mom says that the kittens eat Purina Kitten Chow. They love it, and their health has improved greatly since she finally got over worrying that they wouldn't be able to crunch hard food (she used to give them 9-Lives Tender Bites). The outside cats get offbrand food because there are so many of them. They do very well on it though.
  • edited 27 February, 2006
    What's this powder stuff that your mommies sprinkle on your food and how does it taste? I used to eat Meow Mix all the time but it made me throw up too much. So now my favorite food is "Fancy Feast" dry food. Yum.......I'm getting hungry....
  • Ashley WeatherholtzAshley Weatherholtz WhartonMember Posts: 85
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I eat a mixture of Eukanuba and Chicken Soup for the Kitten Lovers soul, which Meowmie keeps in an airtight container so it\'s already mixed together evenly. She also on occassion clicker trains me with Fancy Feast kibble and Purina Kitten Chow. In small doses do I ever get wet food, and when I do it is for a special treat . . . because Meowmie really likes to cook me fresh seafood, brown rice, and poultry so that she can hide powdered vitamins that I need for my coat, eyes, teeth, and overall health in it.
  • sarah schupfersarah schupfer brooklynMember Posts: 1,217
    edited 27 February, 2006
    fyi- stay away from pet food with 'meat by-products'!!! "What most consumers don't know is that the pet food industry is an extension of the human food and agriculture industries. Pet food provides a market for slaughterhouse offal, grains considered "unfit for human consumption," and similar waste products to be turned into profit. This waste includes intestines, udders, esophagi, and possibly diseased and cancerous animal parts." http://www.api4animals.org/79.htm
  • Jennifer CrossanJennifer Crossan Scottsdale/PhoenixMember Posts: 291
    edited 27 February, 2006
    We eat any of the "in between" brands. We can't eat the cheap stuff cause Sophie and I get sick -the dogs do too! Or the expensive stuff (like Iams, etc) cause I get sick on that too, and Oscar and Sundance refuse to eat it!
  • Elizabeth KElizabeth K ChicagoMember Posts: 11,036
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I eat a wonderful natural food, called Wellness. It is a great food, I love it and it is very good for my health!
  • sarah schupfersarah schupfer brooklynMember Posts: 1,217
    edited 27 February, 2006
    ohhhhh-i used to eat wellness too! but i have a food allergy, and had to switch. my human still gives me some canned wellness every now and then...i LOVE it!!!
  • Stephanie BlaisureStephanie Blaisure BinghamtonMember Posts: 75
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Wow all those responces and i haven't seen what i eat yet.... My mommy mixes Iams Indoor Formula with Friskies uhh, regular formula i guess. :)
    I will only eat the "Grilled" variety of Fancy Feast wet food but really only like the Turkey variety of that. Sometimes I will eat the Chicken and occasionally one of the other flavours but never anything but grilled - got it mummy! I hate it when she messes about and tries to get me to eat other ones or brands cos I won't! I also eat a few dry crunches - mummy mixes up several different brands together and puts in hairball ones for good measure (usually Purina Dental Diet, Chicken Soup for the Kitty Lovers Soul, Weight Management and anything that takes her fancy.
    Well as my furmummy, Sparkle, said mumy mixes up our crunchies and to tell you the truth I really like the supermarket brands more than the "good stuff" but I usually only eat the dry cat food. I will sometimes eat the wet food but not keen on the turkey and hardly get a look in cos Sparkle scoffs the lot. I like fishy flavours best and mummy usually buys some especially for me.
  • Jessica LuJessica Lu DuluthMember Posts: 33
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I eat Merrick Canned Kitty food, and I Like the Innova Light Cat Food. I need a low protien diet cause I have kidney failure x_O
  • Connie Cardwell-WhitisConnie Cardwell-Whitis RichardsonMember Posts: 173
    edited 27 February, 2006
    We can\'t have any corn products. It makes us throw up and that\'s not pleasant for us or cat mom. Even though the majority of vets strictly adhere to finding a high quality, no meat by-products diet that a cat does well on....and sticking with it, cat-mom talks with a special vet in Dallas when she\'s there who says it is actually good to trade off since cats do fine in switching foods and gives them some variety. Just be sure to mix the present food with the new one for about a week. The three she presently alternates are: California Natural, Chicken Soup for Cat Lovers Light, and Solid Gold Katzenflocken. Also we both get about a tablespoon daily of low sodium canned tuna. And occasionally, a spoonful or two of Chinese veggie fried rice, if cat-mom is willing to share. Otherwise, we \'help ourselves\' with a finely tuned paw-scoop.
  • Megan NelsonMegan Nelson Member Posts: 189
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Right now we eat a BIG mix of foods while trying to get rid of some food... in the can there is Purina ONE, Maxximum Nutrition, Purina Cat Chow, and then the good stuff for us!! Nutro Natural Choice and Innova EVO cat. We are trying to get them on Nutro Natural Choice...
    We eat Chicken Soup dry and Triumph canned. Sometimes we get a little raw food too!
  • Brenna StarchBrenna Starch La CrosseMember Posts: 4
    edited 27 February, 2006
    we eat Sensible Choice for our dry. mom gives us Fancy Feast, Pro Plan, Friskies, Meow Mix, and a couple Flavors of Nutro for wet food. we\'re picky about our wet food.
  • Cindy MarshCindy Marsh SalinasMember Posts: 13
    edited 27 February, 2006
    We all eat Innova here and we love it, we used to eat Nutro Natural and when momma started mixing the Innova to switch us over we picked out the Innova and left the Nutro in the bottom of the bowl! We also get canned food once or twice a week as a treat, mostly we get Merrick but sometimes we get Wellness and we love them both (except Andy, he won't eat canned food - he only likes the dry)
  • Alison MacDonaldAlison MacDonald SomervilleMember Posts: 343
    edited 27 February, 2006
    we switch between Solid Gold , Innova Lite and Chicken Soup for the Cat lovers Soul.the latter is our favorite though. we also eat Merrick,spots stew and pet promise canned food.we might add Innova Evo to the mix. we do eat some raw although mom wishes we would eat a raw only diet! but you know us kitties... once we imprint on a specific type of food! good luck changing it!
  • Jennifer BauerJennifer Bauer Clinton TownshipMember Posts: 22
    edited 27 February, 2006
    We only eat Nutro products. It has made all of our fur soooo much softer!
  • Karen HollandKaren Holland BrookvilleMember Posts: 833
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I eat only Science Diet Adult dry. Mommy tried to switch us to the light version because Harry was adding to the tummy. But, I hated it & boycotted it. Then Mommy bought the good stuff again cause she felt guilty since I was the one that lost weight. For our evening treat we split a small can of Special Kitty beef. And of course since I am the Queen -- Harry has to eat what I telly him. ~~Rosie
  • KittymomKittymom MiltonMember Posts: 266 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I eat TechniCal Adult Lite canned food and TechniCal Adult Weight Control dry crunchies. Mom & Dad put out the food for me and I just eat a bit at a time. I'm the same weight I was when I came to live with Mom & Dad in January 2005. They also give me a handful of treats everynight. Hand-fed, one at a time because they like to watch me enjoy them. Sheesh, what a kitty has to put up just to get treats.
  • Tammy SchreinerTammy Schreiner FresnoMember Posts: 322
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I eat Science Diet Lite Hairball Control. It's so yummy!
  • Karen LeeKaren Lee The kingdom of Mer-lotMember Posts: 89,020
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Meows, I have to eat prescription kibble for my diabetes. I do not like the prescription canned food so my Human feeds me Pro-Plan canned.