i think its a tooth

Wendy TuckerWendy Tucker ApexMember Posts: 34
edited 15 October, 2005 in Cat Health
hello there, Sadie's mom here. Huge question!! Is it normal for kittens to lose teeth? she went to bite my arm when i was petting her a few minutes ago and i heard this noise and then found what looks like a tooth...i looked in her mouth and it looks as if maybe she lost one but there is a bit of blood. She is only about 5.5 months old but i'm not sure if they are supposed to lose teeth adn stuff...please...umm...help.

Comments

• edited 27 February, 2006
    Kittens lose their baby teeth just like baby humans--typically the baby teeth are swallowed so you don't find them. The tiny incisor teeth are first to go between 4-5 months of age, canines (why oh why aren't they called FELINES??) come in at 6 months, and premolars/molars later.
  • Deb O'NeillDeb O'Neill PerkasieMember Posts: 8,659
    edited 27 February, 2006
    In a way, my Mom envies you for finding a baby tooth! We lost them , but she never saw any! I guess they're so small?