:::BENGALS LINE UP:::

Thomas LoudermilkThomas Loudermilk NashvilleMember Posts: 51
Where are all my Bengals at? You know we have to stick together...its a jungle out there!;) So please show yourself if youre a bengal and lets be friends!:)

Comments

• LaVon FabianLaVon Fabian Member Posts: 135
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi, My name is Dagger and I LOVE my \"Bengal-ness\" I came from Texas, with my sister Emma, to live in Alabama with our mommy and all our furry family :)
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi, I\'m Emma -- Dagger\'s sister -- my daddy calls me \"romper stomper\" cause I make so much noise on the stairs! And guess what! I\'ve learned to turn mommy\'s light and fan on and off, and right now, it\'s my FAVORITE game (specially when mom is trying to sleep) It\'s great to have a Bengal Club!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi, I\'m Lightnin and I\'m a 5th generation Bengal -- the very FIRST level of SBT ! I\'m a little shy, but I LOVE to PLAY!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi, I\'m Victoria -- Lightnin and I are sisters, so I\'m a 5th generation Bengal, too :) I\'m very talkative and love my mommy and all my furry family too. My fuzzy friend Casper is my favorite, cause he\'s so soft to sleep and snuggle with. Isn\'t being on Catster fun -- so many new friends to meet!
  • jen clarkjen clark StrongsvilleMember Posts: 1,099
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Just poppin' my witchy head in to say... I LOVE YOU BENGALS! I think you are really unusual and beautiful! That's all... Love, Saffron
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi, I\'m Mister Zenith, and I\'m an F1 Bengal, which means my daddy was an asian leopard cat, and my mom was an SBT Bengal. I love all my family (I\'m the baby) and we all love our Bengal games. I also LOVE water, so this summer, mommy bought a swimmy pool for me and Dagger! We had so much fun in the pool! (All the girls and our rescue friends were afraid to get in the pool - but not me and Dagger, we had a BLAST ! OH... and special thanks to OZEKI for creating this forum. I think being a Bengal is the GREATEST !!!
  • Thomas LoudermilkThomas Loudermilk NashvilleMember Posts: 51
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I must say that every single one of you are beautiful cats! I am hoping to become good friends with you all:) Thank you for coming forward and exposing yourself . This is the start to something good! Have a Meowy nice day! -Ozeki
  • mailani hornmailani horn san pedroMember Posts: 173
    edited 27 February, 2006
    hi everyone, i'm new and i 3lo2eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee love to step all over the keyboard. i hate it when the computer is getting all the attention so i crawl all over my mom while she is on it.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I am the DIEGO...and Im Ozeki's brother:) Im glad to see other fellow bengals here that are so beautiful!! Nice!!
  • Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 27 February, 2006
    What a sexy bunch of cats you are!!
  • MARY HEFFERNANMARY HEFFERNAN Valley of The MoonMember Posts: 13,688
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I wonder if you Bengals might have a little discussion or explain the meaning of F1- or F5 and some of the other terms that you use...would be lots of fun for us to learn, and something I'm sure you have had to explain a lot!! Just a "think!"
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Its a good question! Bengals are a crossbreed between an asian leopard and an American shorthair. F1-F3 bengals are the foundation bengals and represent how many years seperated from the wild they are. Its not until a bengal is an F4(4th generation seperated) that they are recognized as a cat suitable to be a pet(according to TICA's standards). Or at least they cannot enter shows until F4:)
  • MARY HEFFERNANMARY HEFFERNAN Valley of The MoonMember Posts: 13,688
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Thanks, Ozeki -- we thought it was something like that; cool!
  • Nicole MeyerNicole Meyer ReadingMember Posts: 767
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I think bengals have to be by far the most beautiful cats Ive seen. So different and unique unlike any other cats around. They seem to be very smart from what Ive heard. Id love to hear about some of your personal experinces in owning bengals. Thanks
  • cat shepherdcat shepherd KnoxvilleMember Posts: 6,314
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Bengals are beautiful. Check out this Web site. www.bengalcat.com
  • mailani hornmailani horn san pedroMember Posts: 173
    edited 27 February, 2006
    bengals aren't like owning a cat. mom says i am like a dog/ferret. i get into everything. right now i am on my moms shoulder. we like water and we are very active. we are not a cat who can be left home, we need tons of attention and play time or we will destroy the house. sometimes mom thinks a raccoon got into the house but it is really just me. i love to sleep and play with my dogs and show them who's boss. once i even peed on one of them.
  • sarah schupfersarah schupfer brooklynMember Posts: 1,217
    edited 27 February, 2006
    it's soooooo much fun!
  • Johnny WolfJohnny Wolf San Francisco/Orange CountyMember Posts: 6
    edited 8 March, 2006
    Hello Hello. My name\'s Ra and its good to see all my fellow Bengals in here! It definetely is a jungle out there actually more of a concrete one where all the alley cats rule. *scarey cat* maybe I should form a gang over at www.bengaltalk.com and get them to join catster too.
  • Ann BassettAnn Bassett TallahasseeMember Posts: 139
    edited 21 March, 2006
    Hi Merlin here. Taffy Morgana's looking over my shoulder trying to tell me what to say. Shut up you silly girl kitten. There, that should quiet her down. As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, it's nice to see a group for just bengals. Bengals rule. I see a lot of my friends here and even Victoria, Victoria, Victoria, my lovely girl friend is here. Taffy says, "don't forget to mention her boy friend Mister Zenith." Okay, okay you silly girl kitten, chill. I have an idea, why don't we play the movie game or the book game, (that where you start with the name of one movie and the next movie mentioned starts with the last letter of the first movie mentioned) so we can stay in touch all the time and play, play, play.
    edited 21 March, 2006
    Wow, Mister Zenith, I didn't know you were an F1. That's incredible. I had a feeling you were royalty. Now I know you are a prince. I think I'm a ninth generation. I'm so far removed from the foundation, that you can hardly see my spots. But that's okay, my Mommy loves me just the way I am. It's nice to see everyone here. I love talking and playing with other bengals. I like the movie and book game too. Does anyone else want to play?
    edited 28 March, 2006
    Hi all you Bengals (and wanna be\'s) out there (big kitty grin). I just saw the comment from Miss Taffy Morgana, and wanted to smile my biggest kitty smile, for her. I\'m so crazy about her that every time I see mom on the computer, I come up and stand on her chest and won\'t allow her to type, till I get to go out to look at Miss Taffy\'s photos again! It\'s not important to ME that Miss Taffy doesn\'t have an EG indicator on her pedigree -- I think she\'s the most lovely, sweet and wonderful girl EVER !!! And my whole heart belongs to Miss Taffy. There are some very fine looking Bengals out here on the \"Line Up\" and I\'m glad to be friends with all. Victoria told me to tell Merlin that she misses him terribly, and can\'t wait to have some \"special\" time with him, again! Isn\'t it WONDERFUL being a BENGAL ???
    edited 28 March, 2006
    Hi all you Bengals out there! (and you friends and family members of Bengals, too) My bossy little \"room-mate\" Mister Zenith convinced mommy to let us type in the forum, tonight, so I demanded equal time! I\'m in love with Merlin - his peanut butter and chocolate swirls make me dizzy, just thinking about them! And he is such a fine young gentleman, too! Mom said maybe I could explain Early Generation Bengals a little more. An F1 Bengal has a Bengal mommy and an Asian Leopard Cat daddy, as a general rule, because it is infrequent for the Asian Leopard Cat females to allow a Bengal boy to mate with them. But, because most F1 males are sterile, it is the female F1\'s who are mated with a male Bengal, to get an F2 Bengal. The same is true for the F2 Bengals. Occasionally but rarely, an F3 Bengal male might have offspring, but it IS rare. By the Fourth generation, the males are able to produce offspring, in most cases, and so an SBT Bengal can have one Early Generation F4 parent, and one SBT Bengal parent. Early Generation cats can SOMETIMES be very good pets - according to how well the human \"parents\" socialize them, as babies. But, they are definately NOT for everyone. They can be VERY INTENSE little characters, and also very demanding of attention, from their human companions. They are more likely to seek out water to perform their bathroom habits, because in the wild, the Asian Leopard Cats often go to the bathroom in streams to \"wash away\" their scent and it is instinctive. They are MUCH more likely to enjoy playing in water and \"dunking\" their toys (and other things) in their water bowls. They do are much more healthy having a MEAT diet, instead of dry kibble, though some will eat the kibble, they don\'t seem to develop the same muscle mass, as they do, on a true MEAT (preferrably raw) diet. VERY often, their voices are different than other cats. They \"chitter\" and make very interesting sounds, not always like a \"meow\". Mommy really LOVES Mister Zenith, though she sometimes describes him as \"quirky\"... he is devoted to her. Sometimes when she goes away, and her son feeds us, he doesn\'t eat as well, when she isn\'t home. She says it is because he has given her MOST of his trust. He LOVES games, and has a little bear he carrys around, and never tears up or dunks in water, but sometimes he dunks OUR toys in our water bowl. My sister Lightnin, Dagger, Emma and I all love Mr. Zenith, and we try to keep him out of trouble... not always successfully. He is very mischievious and loves to steal things from her son\'s room, and hide them under her night-stand - and steal things from her room, and hide them in her son\'s guitar amplifier. Lightnin loves this game too -- though I\'m more dignified and do not think thievery is \"fun\". Hope this answers more questions about the Early Generation (F1 through F4) Bengals. Mommy says it\'s bedtime, so I have to go, now... but it\'s really GREAT to be in a Forum with other Bengals. Snuggles to Merlin -- purr purr, chitter, purr... Victoria
    edited 31 March, 2006
    Hi all you bengals. And a special hello to my very own Victoria, Victoria, Victoria. She is the loveliest bengal with her sly smile and adorable spots. She did a really good job explaining bengal cats. I learned a lot about us reading her post. I'm a tri-color marble bengal, I read somewhere that we were bred to look like clouded leopards, is that true? I would love to be a wild clouded leopard in the jungle of South America, but that would take me too far away from my girl, Victoria. Any other marbles out there ready to go to South America?
  • Justine MartelloJustine Martello BarrieMember Posts: 761
    edited 4 April, 2006
    Hello! My name is Bindi and I am too a bengal! Im a F3 and love it love my spots and all the atachion i get for having them! So any other the you guys want to know about????
  • TRACY YOUNGTRACY YOUNG New YorkMember Posts: 6,538
    edited 8 April, 2006
    I'm a D minus MOL
  • Johnny WolfJohnny Wolf San Francisco/Orange CountyMember Posts: 6
    edited 18 May, 2006
    Hello there deers my name is Ra and I'm a fellow bengal, if you wanna talk with me and my other friends you can find me on bengaltalk.com its great.
  • Cheryl BCheryl B Member Posts: 7
    edited 31 May, 2006
    Lots of our friends are already here--yay! Sorry we're so late to the party, but you know how easily we can get distracted. Our mom says living with us is like having a house full of raccoons instead of cats. I don't know what she means by that, but we sure help her keep things tidy because if she forgets to put something away, we just remind her. BTW- I am an F2, my little brother is an F1, and my sister is an F1 Savannah (she is half Bengal, half African Serval).
  • Crazy_Cat_Lady_mumCrazy_Cat_Lady_mum Member Posts: 4

this is my beautiful Bengal cross boy Puss Puss 
     we adopted him as his owners couldn't keep him where they were moving to and we are so thankful to have him as part of our family  the vet said he's about 3yo and we thought he was a stupid cat until we realised he's actually extremely intelligent and just bone lazy lol this is one of his usual poses   
    we have had him now for about 2 years and he is a really wonderful cat very devoted and loyal and acts like a guard dog especially with my daughter and myself   
    one of his fave places during the day is to sleep on my teenage sons bed or in the beanbag in his room and he won't move unless you pick him up and move him yourself
    we have a 6yo female ragdoll x birman girl crystal who he loves to annoy and his best mate is our Bengal x mixed breed 10mth old kitten Simba who follows Puss Puss around like a mini me  
    they are double trouble together and get up to so much mischief but Puss Puss is highly protective of both the other cats as well as us and very sweetly cleans Simbas face after mealtime or playfights to teach Simba to protect himself 
     he is so devoted to Simba that he even lets Simba eat first if they are sharing a treat 
     I'm wondering if the kitten behaviour in Bengal breeds is something that stays with them as except for his laziness he has an extremely loving and cheeky personality we love and his yellow eyes are mesmerising   he is also very communicative with us and can be very chatty at times and often tries mimicking sounds including our speech which makes him sound like scooby doo off the cartoon
    so far we have had him say I love you and also mum 
    i'd love to hear from anyone who can give us tips and hints, advice and first hand experience of having a Bengal breed cat as part of their family as i'm finding that bengals are rare in Australia so no one knows much about them