I Wish I Could Of Saved It

Ellen KenneyEllen Kenney Stuart / Saint Lucie areaMember Posts: 8,240
Earlier today me and my mother went to go to the automotive company my father got his truck from, to pay it off real quick. On our way back, we stopped at a red light, and I happened to glance over, and saw a little white kitten! I pointed at it, and it took my mother awhile to see it. We drove-away, to turn around and go into the parking lot. The building was in a conplex, but it was in the parking lot of a hospital. We got out, and I grabbed a few fries from the McDonald\'s bag, and we ran over to the bushes where it had wondered into. My mother got it a little bit out with a peice of french fry, but then it took off! It ran right towards the high-way, but then just dissappeared into the bushes. When it was running, I got a good look at its color. It was all white, had grey ears, and orangish redish rings around its white tail. It also had beautiful blue eyes. By the time we made it to the bushes(Which were pretty far away) it had already dissappeared into another set of bushes, which were dark and scary looking. We couldn\'t see the kitten, however. I felt so bad we weren\'t able to catch it! I cried the whole way to the pet store we had been heading to. I still feel bad that we weren\'t able to rescue it. But I\'m happy that we unleast got it away from the highway(Where I saw it, it was about two feet away from the highway.) and it didn\'t get run over. It was a kitten, it wasn\'t an adult cat. It only looked a couple months old. I don\'t know if the mother was near-by or what, but I hope it stays safe! When I got home, all I wanted to do was cuddle Milo. [Milo\'s Mommy]

Comments

• Tracy HowellTracy Howell ScottsdaleMember Posts: 529
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Milo's Mommy: I think the kitten will be alright. When I was in the kitten raising business I always made sure they knew about roads, and to stay away. Sometimes the would get curious and go look at the road, but they'd run back to me. Cats are good moms, that is why we have such an overpopulation problem..... MC
  • MARY HEFFERNANMARY HEFFERNAN Valley of The MoonMember Posts: 13,688
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Purrrrrrr. We love you both for loving hearts.
  • Ellen KenneyEllen Kenney Stuart / Saint Lucie areaMember Posts: 8,240
    edited 27 February, 2006
    [Milo\'s Mommy] MommaCat, thank you so much. I\'m still worried for the kitten, I think it will be alright, though. Because when it ran towards the highway, it knew that that place wasn\'t safe, and thats when it ran for the bushes.
  • Deb O'NeillDeb O'Neill PerkasieMember Posts: 8,659
    edited 27 February, 2006
    What kind people you have, Milo! Maybe you can keep a look out for the poor little one next time you're in the area.
  • cat shepherdcat shepherd KnoxvilleMember Posts: 6,314
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Milo's mommy ... this is Daisy's mommy: I know how you feel. A co-worker and I almost caught a tiny black kitten about two months ago, but another co-worker came up and scared it off. I think I saw it a couple of weeks ago when I was looking out the window at work. It's grown a lot. But it had a collar on, so hopefully someone took it in. At least we both tried to rescue the kittens. That's all we can do. So don't feel bad. Maybe someone else will give the kitten a home.
  • Alex KondosAlex Kondos TulsaMember Posts: 600
    edited 27 February, 2006
    For those of you trying to catch kittens/cats, please try a live trap. Those make catching your average stray pretty easy (might take a little longer for their smarter feral cousins, but it will work!). Many shelters and humane societies will let you rent one instead of buying your own. Here's some helpful info http://alleycat.org/
  • Shelley BryantShelley Bryant SacramentoMember Posts: 1,376
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I know exactly how you feel. I have passed signs that say kittens free to a good home and I want to go and take them all. I know that I can't but it breaks my heart. Many purrs from Dodger to you and good thoughts from Dodger's person
  • Alex KondosAlex Kondos TulsaMember Posts: 600
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Dodger, I know how you feel! It breaks my heart to pass by the free ones- so many of them will be placed in homes where they will not be spayed and will go on to give birth to the next crop of 'free to good home' kittens. Sometimes, I'm tempted to take them to the shelter. At least at the shelter here they either leave dead or fixed- no future generation of the unwanted will spring from them. Neuter and spay! It isn't rocket science!