PBS Special on Animal Rescue in New Orleans

Alison GelbAlison Gelb Member Posts: 2
On Nov. 20, PBS will air a special on animal rescue efforts during and after Hurricane Katrina. See PBS for local listings. http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/katrina/ Posted by http://animaltheory.blogspot.com

Comments

• Jennifer SchallyJennifer Schally Member Posts: 820
    edited 12 December, 2006
    Tanks for the info Wiley. We'll be sure not to miss this one.
  • Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 12 December, 2006
    Thanks for the info! As a foster kitty who was displaced because of the Katrina tragedy, my foster family and I will definitely be interested!
  • Carla BzikCarla Bzik Member Posts: 117
    edited 12 December, 2006
    we'll be sure to watch, thanks
  • Lindsay RoweLindsay Rowe ArcticMember Posts: 1,776
    edited 12 December, 2006
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll watch alongside a box of Kleenex.
  • Michelle MeyersMichelle Meyers WacoMember Posts: 835
    edited 12 December, 2006
    Thank you Wiley I will be sure not to miss it. Cat Mom also said that there is a special on the animals from the hurricane on Animal Planet I do belive it is next weekend
  • Lorraine BrinerLorraine Briner Member Posts: 4,098
    edited 12 December, 2006
    The huMom just watched this program. She wanted me to meow that if you watch, be sure to keep tissues handy.
  • Avivah ShawAvivah Shaw lexingtonMember Posts: 518
    edited 12 December, 2006
    My mommy sobbed and sobbed and really wants to go help. She doesn\'t know how she\'d stand being without daddy, though...and he doesn\'t know how he\'d stand being without her. I heard them talking. It\'s just horrible...all those animals..... I could hear mommy sobbing and sometimes it sounded like she was half laughing/half sobbing with joy. So there must\'ve been some happy parts. She was making lots of upset noises and kept calling for daddy. *sigh*
  • Avivah ShawAvivah Shaw lexingtonMember Posts: 518
    edited 12 December, 2006
    Bubba Gump, that's some good advice. Mommy went and grabbed a roll of toilet paper.