Self Cleaning Litterbox

Zinnia SantosZinnia Santos Miami/Ft. LauderdaleMember Posts: 232
edited 5 April, 2007 in Grooming
How many kitties use self-cleaning litterboxes. Personally I juse the Littermaid. I've seend the Purrforma Plus from Petmate. But my real curiosity is to find out if anyone has used the ultra modern Litter Robot.

Comments

• kate brennankate brennan dirty southMember Posts: 6
    edited 27 February, 2006
    our boxes would be going non stop if we had one...the motor would be broke in a week!! heh..we just use clumping litter and daddy scoops 2-3 times a day in each box...we have 3 pottys to choose from!!!
  • jenniecarra andriesjenniecarra andries baton rougeMember Posts: 676
    edited 27 February, 2006
    i do! i use the littermaid. it works great and its almost a year old but it spills litter out and sometimes it will even fling cat poop out of the box!
  • Zinnia SantosZinnia Santos Miami/Ft. LauderdaleMember Posts: 232
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi Noah I hear ya. Mom puts a trash bag in my littermaid receptacle bin to save money and take it out twice a week on trash days but it's just myself I am an only cat. If we were that many it would go off alot. Hey Diego I have the same issues too. After I went to the the Cat hotel when my folks went out of town. Picked up a bad habit of throwing sand all over the place. thankfully my parents got creative and bought a trunk from Target modified it and left the back panel open. so I slide through the back. No one knows there is a litterbox in the trunk they think it's for decorative purposes only. And I have my privacy.
  • Wendy WardWendy Ward TorontoMember Posts: 84
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hey! self-cleaning boxes would take all the fun that our moms & dads get out of cleaning up our potties. No way would I use one! Though my mom has recently switched me to that new clumping "corn cob" litter that you can flush. Smells like popcorn and not as dusty as the other clumping litter in my Booda box.
  • Janet CrouchJanet Crouch Member Posts: 1,209
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi Kitties, We've used the Litter-Robot for years. It doesn't make much of a mess and you don't have to buy the plastic containers for the waste because it comes with a tray for the waste and you can put trash liners or plastic grocery store bags over it. You also don't need to buy litter liners because it has a built in rubber liner that can be cleaned if necessary but it's rare that it needs it. Ours happens to sit next to the toilet in an extra bathroom since we use flushable litter but you can use other litter. It also controls smell since it's in a dome. The downside is that it costs more but in the long run it's been worth it..especially now that there are seven of us! But, even when there were two of us, mom really loved it! It's only available on the web but you can cut and paste this into your browser to see it: http://www.litter-robot.com/default.aspx?ac=1 Love, Mercy
  • Libbi Staab BoerschigLibbi Staab Boerschig LouisvilleMember Posts: 48
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Those aren't cheap Mercy. I had to scrimp and save and beg to get the Litter Maid.... Can't go for that price. If I were, I would get this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29853&item=3981324916&rd=1 Now THAT sounds cool!! I even bid on it when it was 75 bucks but didn't meet the reserve. I love the Litter Maid but I wanna know how your mommy puts garbage bags in to save on those stupid plastic recepticles? Those alone have cost my mommy as much as the cat box now and she is about to go nuts.
  • Zinnia SantosZinnia Santos Miami/Ft. LauderdaleMember Posts: 232
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Mercedes thanks for giving your input on the Litter Robot. Very cool looking litterbox. For those who haven't seen the modern the litter robot you can check it out: http://www.litter-robot.com Tazz I use the Littermaid too and since I got it last year I think we've gone thru maybe 3 receptacle. What mom does is she gets a plastic shopping bags and lines the receptacle bin and takes the plastic bag out on trash days. and puts a new one in. This will save you money on receptacles and change them when you think the plastic has broken or your lid gets too soiled. Your Pal Linux
  • Libbi Staab BoerschigLibbi Staab Boerschig LouisvilleMember Posts: 48
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Great idea Linux!! I think Mommy has more plastic grocery sacks than I have hair on my body. She just put one in this afternoon.
  • Sarah ConwaySarah Conway St. Louis, MO (Wildwood)Member Posts: 2
    edited 5 April, 2007
    We just got a Litter Robot, and it looks like the Death Star (from Star Wars). Hey, where else would you expect a Skywalker to poop? *kitty grin* Haven't used it yet, but I'll let you know how it goes. (Shimi is not weaned yet, so she's still hanging with her cat-mom at Select Exotics.) Does anyone know if the Litter Robot will take Feline Pine's NEW Clumping litter?
  • Deb O'NeillDeb O'Neill PerkasieMember Posts: 8,659
    edited 5 April, 2007
    We love our Litter Robot. Like anything else, it has to be kept clean and Mom's got it down to a science! The biggest disadvantage Mom sees is that it is very easy to track litter out of. The opening is kept toward the wall, and that really helps.